Jake Melksham

Dear Adrian - please pick a McKay with the Melksham pick.

As a token from me, I will ban anyone that bags you ever again if you pick a McKay.

Thanks

fogdog

Which Mckay would you prefer? One is a forward and the other defender correct?

Is the deal actually done? Keep hearing that there will be a sweetner attatched and it wont just be pick 25

A sweetener for us or the Dees? The deal hasn’t officially been done yet just going by what Dodoro has said and the media.

For the Dees.
Have heard that our third might head their way.
Has also been talk that they might offload the second rounder they get for Toumpas to us so it could be closer to pick 30

■■■■■■ hell! Who’s giving up a second rounder for Toumpas? Perhaps they’d like Carlisle for picks 1,3 and 7 and maybe they’ll give us pick 10 for this lovely bridge?

I liked Melksham, but a pick around 25-30 isn’t a terrible result.

Melksham is an example of why pick #5 is a must for Carlisle - Melk was a top ten pick IIRC and although he is serviceable, he isn’t the player we hoped he’d be when taken in '09 at that pick. There are just as many, if not more ‘busts’ so to speak with high draft picks than there are successes.

I liked Melksham, but a pick around 25-30 isn't a terrible result.
Yep

Right price and a deal gets done on day 1.

My God Essendon are hard to deal with at trade time.

Well according to the Saints… Melksham and Carlisle have equal trade value… eek.

Well according to the Saints... Melksham and Carlisle have equal trade value.. eek.
Okay well then Saints, lets see you offer Melksham a 5 year deal on 700k...
Dear Adrian - please pick a McKay with the Melksham pick.

As a token from me, I will ban anyone that bags you ever again if you pick a McKay.

Thanks

fogdog

We could exhume Donald.
Wouldn’t need as high a pick as the other two.

You’d need a shovel, no?

Why doesn’t the AFL have this as a confirmed trade?

because it’s not. reckon it is in principle 25 or 29 if we get that for Toumpas.

because it's not. reckon it is in principle 25 or 29 if we get that for Toumpas.

Yep. May not be finalised until next week depending on Port.

Yeah I’m hoping the delay is for their best round 2 pick and not their worst.

Wont be there best 2nd rounder let’s be honest here.

Hopefully it’s still under 30

Yeah I'm hoping the delay is for their best round 2 pick and not their worst.
If it was for their best the deal would be done by now. I think it's fair to accept either.

Agreed but we can always hope.

I think we all know we’re getting 30ish.

That this isn’t done yet will probably be brought up by the media as proof we’re hard to deal with when applying pressure on the Carlisle deal.

I think we all know we're getting 30ish.

That this isn’t done yet will probably be brought up by the media as proof we’re hard to deal with when applying pressure on the Carlisle deal.

Melb might be trading away a player like Toumpas and awaiting that pick before the Melksham deal is done.

I think we all know we're getting 30ish.

Melb might be trading away a player like Toumpas and awaiting that pick before the Melksham deal is done.

Yes, that’s the point. We’ve all agreed, and it’s in another club’s hands, but will still be our fault.

Does anyone have any update on this formality of a trade, as it appears to have dropped off the radar.