Jake Melksham

He’s a world champion downhill skier.

Bit rough calling Melksham a downhill skier. Theres been games where he has been BOG and dragged us over the line.

Inconsistent, with the greatest distance between his best and worst possible… yes. But downhill skier implies he is only good when it is easy, and that’s not true imho.

Yeah, not fair. Early in the morning with a cold. Should have left it at confidence player, and even then that could have applied to most of the team this year. Think we’ll get more out of Bird than a Melk treading water anyway.

Those who prefer Melksham over bird have: a) never seen Bird play or b) Never seen Melksham play.

Now Bird is no AA, but he is a big upgrade on Melksham.

I have watched a lot of Melksham and a fair bit of Bird in action. Craig is no superstar but he never drops his head and sooks, reminded me always of the way Gary O’Donnell played. Solid and consistent.

Bird arms. Lol…

But are Bird’s arms as big as Melkshams?

Can Bird box like Melksham?

Really inconsistent. Too many times he’d give up chasing and just looked to be jogging on the field.

Other times, he’ll break tackles, dodge and launch a penetrating kick to a team-mate or at goal.

Hope he does well for himself. Kudos to a classy exit.

Can Bird box like Melksham?

Lol … Bird box.

Bird to take Melksham’s old number?

But are Bird's arms as big as Melkshams?

Lol, Big Bird

Remember Melksham’s incredible goal against the Bulldogs a couple of years ago at Etihad. We were about to loose when he kicked one on the run and so deep in the pocket that he was out when he kicked. Loved the Bulldogs supporters outrage when the replay came on. Especially sweet as I had 3 shockers behind me.

Will never forget daniel jackson headbutting his shoulder.

Lol … bird headbutt

Roughead trying to iron him out, coming off a very distant 2nd best, sooking about it.

Is Melk trying to re-write history in an article I just read in the paper. He laments" I didnt really want to leave Essendon" Hmm. He probably didnt want to leave Essendon, until he read Blitz. Or was it that when he met with Simon Goodwin, he said. “I dont really want to leave Essendon” because it might be a good way to turn $ into $$?

Cut the bloke some slack I reckon chris

innuendo around the forum that hes having a kid… it was probably a combination of money and opportunity at the end of the day, but who could begrudge him?

hasnt slandered off at the club or anything and left with his dignity in tact… no qualms with the melkman

Is Melk trying to re-write history in an article I just read in the paper. He laments" I didnt really want to leave Essendon" Hmm. He probably didnt want to leave Essendon, until he read Blitz. Or was it that when he met with Simon Goodwin, he said. "I dont really want to leave Essendon" because it might be a good way to turn $ into $$?

So he has mixed feelings about leaving the club? He sounds like he must be human or something.

And over in the best 22 thread, I’d argue bugger all of them would have Melksham in it.

If it were asked if we would take a 2nd round pick for him at the start of the trade period, the vast majority would’ve wanted to know where to sign.

To have a crack a Melksham for that comment is ridiculous. It’s infinitely better than 99% of the other things he could say.

The planets have aligned, its a win / win. The guy will always have my respect and I wish him all the best.

I still think letting him go was a mistake. Will be entering his prime now!

I still think letting him go was a mistake. Will be entering his prime now!

The assumption everyone is making is that Mason Redman will be a very good player. If he ends up being KAV! Mk2, then we have lost a very handy player, who unfortunately scarpered off for bigger bucks, & we will have lost out on the deal - over to you Mason!