Jake Melksham

I still think letting him go was a mistake. Will be entering his prime now!

The assumption everyone is making is that Mason Redman will be a very good player. If he ends up being KAV! Mk2, then we have lost a very handy player, who unfortunately scarpered off for bigger bucks, & we will have lost out on the deal - over to you Mason!

There is so much wrong with that post I don’t know where to begin, in fact, I don’t think I’ll even try.

Since the day Neville Fields went to South & we got 2 Daniher brothers in exchange, Bomber supporters have looked at trading in terms of did we WIN or LOSE on that trade. If you haven’t seen this discussed ad nauseum on this forum then you haven’t being paying attention.

As your comprehension skills are iffy here’s a clue:
Prismall v Motlop - LOST
Crameri v Zach - short term LOST long term WIN - IMO
Ryder v Laverde - as per Crameri

There are already pages & pages spent on here where we hope Aaron Francis is a gun so we can stick it up StKilda. In other words, so that we WIN that trade.
So “shock horror” I had the temerity to suggest that Redman’s career will be compared to the rest of Melksham’s & you can’t comprehend that? Try reading a book

Zerrett’s already better than Cramers IMHO.

Wish him the best over at the Dees…

Cut the bloke some slack I reckon chris

innuendo around the forum that hes having a kid… it was probably a combination of money and opportunity at the end of the day, but who could begrudge him?

hasnt slandered off at the club or anything and left with his dignity in tact… no qualms with the melkman

his whole ■■■■■■■ career at this club was “people cutting him some slack”.

I don’t see anyone forcing him out, let alone making him go so I agree with the original comment that it seems a bit odd he’d be bringing that up, if indeed he has (haven’t read the article so donno).

his free ride at this club was “sacked” and instead of fighting he up and left for the comfort of someone else who will pick him week in week out no questions asked in Goodwin, and pay him a lil bit extra in the process.

If he “wanted” to be at essendon he still would be.
I don’t blame him for leaving, but it was no one elses choice but his and he chose to leave, so it seems be bit disingenuous to be lamenting leaving now.

■■■■ you’re bitter DP. Last sentence completely contradicts the rest of your post. you probably won’t see this as you have me blocked.

■■■■ you're bitter DP. Last sentence completely contradicts the rest of your post. you probably won't see this as you have me blocked.

He’s El Muppetino

Would prefer Melksham over Bird
Are you out of your Vulkan mind?
Cut the bloke some slack I reckon chris

innuendo around the forum that hes having a kid… it was probably a combination of money and opportunity at the end of the day, but who could begrudge him?

hasnt slandered off at the club or anything and left with his dignity in tact… no qualms with the melkman

his whole ■■■■■■■ career at this club was “people cutting him some slack”.

I don’t see anyone forcing him out, let alone making him go so I agree with the original comment that it seems a bit odd he’d be bringing that up, if indeed he has (haven’t read the article so donno).

his free ride at this club was “sacked” and instead of fighting he up and left for the comfort of someone else who will pick him week in week out no questions asked in Goodwin, and pay him a lil bit extra in the process.

If he “wanted” to be at essendon he still would be.
I don’t blame him for leaving, but it was no one elses choice but his and he chose to leave, so it seems be bit disingenuous to be lamenting leaving now.

even if you do subscribe to the view that he left purely and simply for an easier ride, surely you can still appreciate the manner in which he left and afford him some respect for leaving the way he did

…but then again this is DKP

I still think letting him go was a mistake. Will be entering his prime now!

Prime spudness

No way that Melksham will ever have an “easier ride” than what he experienced at Essendon.

No way that Melksham will ever have an "easier ride" than what he experienced at Essendon.

Jack Watts has played 115 of 154 games since drafting (112 of 132 since his 2nd year)…

No way that Melksham will ever have an "easier ride" than what he experienced at Essendon.

Jack Watts has played 115 of 154 games since drafting (112 of 132 since his 2nd year)…

I think he might have been in the best twice in that time.

Had a baby girl

Congratulations Jake.

Will have more time to devote to being a Dad. Not all bad for young Jake.

Well gee, been forced out of the game for a year. Reckons he’s pretty happy with the extra 2 years on the contract on more coin that Melbourne offered, particularly with the new kid.

From memory, someone posted at the time that he was in tears when he informed the club he was leaving. Didn’t want to leave but the contract terms being offered by Melbourne were simply way too better than what we were offering for it to make sense for him to stay.

Well gee, been forced out of the game for a year. Reckons he's pretty happy with the extra 2 years on the contract on more coin that Melbourne offered, particularly with the new kid.

From memory, someone posted at the time that he was in tears when he informed the club he was leaving. Didn’t want to leave but the contract terms being offered by Melbourne were simply way too better than what we were offering for it to make sense for him to stay.

Well gee, been forced out of the game for a year. Reckons he's pretty happy with the extra 2 years on the contract on more coin that Melbourne offered, particularly with the new kid.

Sounds about right. I had him as a list clogger but even for those who thought he was a good player, if you get offered a 4-year deal you have to take it and thank them for their service. Same deal with Gus, 4 year deal is too good to pass up so well done to them.

Sounds about right. I had him as a list clogger but even for those who thought he was a good player, if you get offered a 4-year deal you have to take it and thank them for their service. Same deal with Gus, 4 year deal is too good to pass up so well done to them.

In the context of being a new dad it made total sense to take the deal.

Enjoy your baby girl Jake, your partner should appreciate the extra support you can give her this year, see you out there next year!

brings up a good side theory that clubs seeking to buy players should always be weary of the current club not willing to match their contract terms on offer.

All power to melk and gus and any other player who’s gotten a better deal by going elsewhere, but it really should have been a red flag to other clubs (and should be to us to when chasing other clubs players) that if a club that knows a player inside and out is only willing to offer 2 years at a certain price, they know something that they aren’t letting on.

Of the players who have left recently none have really gone on to improve beyond what they were producing at Essendon, they produce similar or below, yet they’ve gone out and had better deals thrown at them.
again more power to em in this changing trading/free agency market, just buyer definitely beware.

brings up a good side theory that clubs seeking to buy players should always be weary of the current club not willing to match their contract terms on offer.

All power to melk and gus and any other player who’s gotten a better deal by going elsewhere, but it really should have been a red flag to other clubs (and should be to us to when chasing other clubs players) that if a club that knows a player inside and out is only willing to offer 2 years at a certain price, they know something that they aren’t letting on.

Of the players who have left recently none have really gone on to improve beyond what they were producing at Essendon, they produce similar or below, yet they’ve gone out and had better deals thrown at them.
again more power to em in this changing trading/free agency market, just buyer definitely beware.

You mean like maybe that player doesn’t fit with their new game plan, or maybe they are rebalancing their age demographic, or some other reason apart from ‘this guy is ■■■■’, or ‘this guy has lost it’?