Jake Melksham

Hird and Goody knew how to get the best from Melky. He was pivotal in the dying minutes for us in victories over modern era heavyweights like the Cats.

If we get bumped out of finals, Hibbo and Melky will get my full support.

1 Like

Melbourne’s always been a bit of a second team for me, so I’m glad they went there even if we got slight unders for Hibbo.

That Carlton game in 2013 stands out the most in my memory, I think he kicked 3 including a the set shot match winner that was absolute clutch

2 Likes

Like wise, on both counts.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I always rated him, thought he was still progressing and was never aboard the hate train… that said… Trading him probably contributed to cap room fit the wages of SSS in … so win win for all i guess (even before we evaluate redman as a pick).

The compo was redman if I recall correctly which makes me feel better.

4 Likes

Hibbo = redman/morgan?

Melksham = Begley?

Crameri = Zerrett

That’s how you do an exodus amirite

WTF is a second team?

22 Likes

It’s something normally adjusted people grow out of by the age of seven.

22 Likes

At best it’s that other team which is playing Collingwood or Carlton or Hawthorn or <insert team(s) you dislike> and you want that other team to win. BUT, only because they are playing Collingwood or Carlton or Hawthorn or <insert team(s) you dislike>. You are not happy that the other team won, but that Collingwood or Carlton or Hawthorn or <insert team(s) you dislike> lost.

Otherwise, a second team. Nah.

4 Likes

Did someone say bunk beds?

1 Like

Perhaps they both “bat for the other team”. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

It could also be that team that has such a catchy club song that you can’t help singing it and doing little Russian dances and shouting ‘hey hey hey hey!’

Allegedly.

It’s a team that you like to see do well. Usually it’s a team supported by someone you like growing up because you like it when that person is happy.
Melbourne is my second team also.

2 Likes

Same. One grand father was a die hard Melbourne fan. So I’ve always had a fondness for them. Except 2000!

1 Like

Our VFL team.

Otherwise I’m with you…WTF

2 Likes

some interesting numbers on Melk

Melksham tops the league for score assists per game, ranks second for score involvements (behind Hawk Luke Breust) as a general forward, and he is rated the best kick inside-50m in the game.

Melbourne retains the ball from 70 per cent of his kicks inside 50m, while Melksham is ranked the fourth best one-on-one player in the forward half of the ground.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/melbourne/melbourne-could-be-better-without-forward-jesse-hogan-writes-jay-clark/news-story/41e7737a13a48695165036394665883d

Second team? Pfft. The closest I get is the team I despise the least. Melbourne certainly isn’t that.

GWS. Purely because they look like they’ll give us some handy players.

3 Likes

Well you just have to accept Goodwin has got the best out of him and thats the way it goes.

#what the fark did we get with the pick again?

3 Likes

Melk plays as a full time forward in a side which has topped the AFL for inside 50s. At about 1.4 goals per game, he is roughly equivalent to Mitch Brown in terms of average goals per inside 50.

You can pick out stats to make him look good or pick out other stats to make him look fairly average.