Jake Melksham

Has frustrated me at times but quickly becoming one of my faves, very classy and hard at it. Prone to a few mistakes but this kid is gonna be scary good very soon.

He's come a long way. Just the type of player we want. Cant wait for his next season.

Mental strength.

Mental strength.

After last year must have an iron will.

A shining light of mental resilience.  The experience of this year will hold him in good stead.  Currently our best midfielder and best forward.  I can't wait to see him,  Winderlich and Merrett rip it up next year.

Thank god for the big blitz crash of 2013 which is saving so many people from justifying "he's ****, he'll never make it"
Well done to TRB for seeing something no one else did and sticking with it, now paying dividends

That's rewriting history a bit.
bar for a few idiots who complete wrote him off, the common theme of most who were critical of his selection, saw the same upside as he is delivering now.
That however does not justify picking someone out of form last year, and if you want to be pedantic, his form as turned around this year, after being dropped for a week, which again many suggested should have happened last year.
There were plenty who saw no upside whatsoever. Plenty.
Don't try and deny that.
People wanted him delisted or traded. Not sure if it was a majority, but a sizeable chunk.

Attitudes on this board change more than my undies

Melksham has been very solid all year!

Whilst i didn't lay the slipper into him, looked like he was paddling at times last year and early this year.

Boy has he turned it around! Don't think he's ever been short on confidence, but love how he takes the game on at the moment.

That first goal where marked turned on the left and drilled it from 50m is a sign of class and instinct, completely burned Mcmillan(I think).

Probably won't be recognized in goal of the week but it should. 

At the moment he is playing better football than Stanton, Zaharakis and Howlett.

Who would've thought?

I'm absolutely loving his long kicking and both the right and left foot.

jason johnson re-incarnated? 

??? not even close.

Needs to be recontracted ASAP.

Liking Melksham. 

Shaping up as a good 2nd tier footsoldier.

I think he's shaping up as a lot more than that.
He's stood up immensely since Jobe went down. Goddard hasnt been able to do that, Stants hasnt been able to do that, neither Howlett, nor Myers, nor Zaharakis.

For a lad to come into some fantastic form during the clubs most bleak times, especially considering how shot he was looking last year for the whole season, is absolutely immense.

Bar Jobe, Melk and Heppell have been our best midfielders for the second half of this season IMO. For a couple of youngsters to stand up like they have is absolutely fantastic.

They are both huge positives we can take out of this season.

Jake has improved heaps this year but this is going overboard. I was at West Coast and I noticed on a couple of occasions him chilling out around the centre watching the play go by. Wasn't picking up a west coast player, wasn't running to the contest for support, wasn't going to get the ball. He's certainly not there yet and is definitely no mad dog tough player - however he seems to be working things out.

I think he's showing much more intent than he used to and will develop into a great support player for our elite mids. We definitely need this and I'm wrapped for him. I was on the train chatting to his grandfather last year after the Carlton game when Jake had put in an absolute shocker... I wanted to say something nice about Jake, but after that game (and others from last year) I was wondering about his future. Now, I believe he is definitely in our best 22 and hopefully is now confident he's a real part of the club and starting 18.

Of the players you mention above too - I watched Brendan trying his guts out in the same game (even though he is not in form) and apart from 2 turnovers in our forward 50 that resulted in opposition goals, he was excellent - even though you could tell he was fighting to get back into form. I can't talk for the kangas game as I haven't seen it. Howlett has been injured.

Myers and Zaka have reflected our team perfectly, great in spurts but not the same effort our output as earlier in the year.

loved him turning onto his left and attacking the goals in the first. that was a ■■■■■■ audacious piece of play. hope to see more of that from him. Very courageous in the air too. Had a ripping clearance in the first too where he cut through the middle and put it on joe's tit. Clearly growing in confidence.

would still like to see him iron out a few floors in his kicking technique and work a bit on his acceleration but he has plenty of tools to work with.

You can see how good a footballer can get when they get some consistancy in their game. He has had the best injury run of our mids for the last two years and is playing some great footy.
He hasn't given up on doing something great in the finals. Let's hope that the other boys come to the Carlton game with his agression.

I never wrote him off, there was too much to like from his first 2 years. 2012 was not a good year for him but you can see exactly why the coaches persisted with him.

I think given everything that’s going on and how the team is playing is over shadowing his form a little. He has been our stand out for the past couple of months (Hibberd wouldn’t be far behind) and he is playing like a true leader.

Well done to him and if he continues this form in the final rounds, no guessing where he might finish in the b&f.

Thank god for the big blitz crash of 2013 which is saving so many people from justifying "he's ****, he'll never make it"
Well done to TRB for seeing something no one else did and sticking with it, now paying dividends

That's rewriting history a bit.
bar for a few idiots who complete wrote him off, the common theme of most who were critical of his selection, saw the same upside as he is delivering now.
That however does not justify picking someone out of form last year, and if you want to be pedantic, his form as turned around this year, after being dropped for a week, which again many suggested should have happened last year.
There were plenty who saw no upside whatsoever. Plenty.
Don't try and deny that.
People wanted him delisted or traded. Not sure if it was a majority, but a sizeable chunk.

Was there that many? There may have been, I just just thought it was the usual nuffies who jump on any player slagging bandwagon, even if the player wasn't originally getting slagged. 

Has easily been our best player in the second half of the season. He and Hibberd are the only players who are prepared to take a chance and run at the defence.

Any chance we can bottle his attitude and enthusiasm and inject that into the rest of the team. Sorry, poor choice of my verb in the last sentence. But you get my drift.

Any chance we can bottle his attitude and enthusiasm and inject that into the rest of the team. Sorry, poor choice of my verb in the last sentence. But you get my drift.

Hawthorn did it, aparantly it's "legal": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthokine

jason johnson re-incarnated? 

??? not even close.

You'll see 

Isn't he from Melksico?