Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

4 years… she’ll be 21 by then

53 Likes

Past the peak though

7 Likes

I don’t dislike the person, i dislike the player ? but the person is the player unless you’re trying to say that i dislike the ability of the player who can’t produce anymore.

Which you assume I or anyone is suppose to get from, “we know you don’t like BJ”.
Well as you said there’s many ways to take that, and like i said most of the time around here people assume I hate player x cos i don’t think they add little value to the side.
and when people rattle off how much of a top bloke he is for not leaving cos of the saga, which has nothing to do with football ability, then it’s not as clear cut which definition of “like” and what context one was using it in.

So no I wasn’t being anythhing. I gave a response, and thought nothing more of it.

people keep worrying about connors, I don’t get why.

on the one hand they will say he is a money hungry grub, albeit great for his players, and does dirty tactics to get his players where they want to go.

on the other hand they are now worried he is all of a sudden gonna turn around to a player and say, nah don’t go there they are too hard to deal with so you won’t get there anyway.

If stringer nominated us, he’d be doing what he always is accused of, and railroading the dogs into accepting a deal that isn’t what they want, just like they say he has done with us in the past.

4 Likes

Me: Is Jake Stringer coming to Essendon?

A:

14 Likes

DKP. You really keep going on about BJ. I would let it go but you are saying people don’t see the whole picture as per your quote below.

Let me again give you a large slice of the picture and this time since you have been belligerent on BJ can you actually reply objectively.

Yes I just quoted myself. But you made me…

2 Likes

Trade this year’s and next year’s first picks to Brisbane for their 1 & 19(Rockliff compo).
Take 1 to the draft and 19 for Stringer.
Would the points stack up?

Not even close 1 (3000) & 19 (948) = 3948, for 11 (1329) & 10 (1395) = 2724

Basically need a pick 12 to make it worth it even on points, but even then Brisbane only said an “exceptional deal” that weighted in their favour.

Would have to be offloading a class player or bunch of players that Bris actually wanted to make up difference.

I can’t see us trying for it. Can get far more of our list replenished via other trading means. Turning 11 into 2 players. Shipping off some others for 2nd rounders etc.

Sounds great for us. Why would Bris. even contemplate that?

1 Like

The only deals that are likely to work, are the ones you don’t like.

7 Likes

If we had an excess in ruckmen so much they would seek opportunity elsewhere, as list manager I’d be straight on the phone to GWS before the dogs - they giants have a genuine need and a very impressive stockpile of talent who’d be happy to go home to Victoria. Perhaps providing even better output next year than Stringer.

We should be able to get the Stringer trade over the line without losing a player.

Anticipating the collective breakdown when stringer nominates Geelong

2 Likes

I thought I might have been short on points. Didn’t have a points chart handy. Lol

1 Like

Every year the club with pick 1 says they might trade it.

They never do

1 Like

Yep.

Went to a seminar on negotiation recently. The presenter (very exp legal negotiator) said something that stuck with me. “The best deal is the one that all parties hate a little bit”

2 Likes

Has the package arrived yet?
3 days late!!!

The closest was when Melbourne traded away Josh Kelly. Doh!

2 Likes

Unless it’s to Hawthorn right…

1 Like

Here’s a FairyDustPoints calculator.

2 Likes

That was actually a gift from Freo, since they gave croad back anyway

1 Like