Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Give them 20 and 24 and let them find a first round pick

9 Likes

Pick 29 for Saad.

Pick 24 + our 2nd pick next year (in everyones eyes likely to be lower than GWS) for richmonds first pick.

That pick to WB for Stringer

exactly, dont see why that is our job, unless they are truly petulant

2 Likes

See this watch?
This watch is worth more than your farking list.

1 Like

I saw jackets in Northcote last year, I pulled up next to his black Merc and only reason I looked was he had Essendon personal plates on.
Jackets is marfia.

3 Likes

Were the plates D15C0 or JACK3T5?

16 Likes

I am not even the slightest bit worried about this getting done.
Knock over the Saad deal tomorrow morning, paper work in, done.
Then turn to the Dogs and work through the shitstorm.
Meanwhile, with the other two deals done, Connors will be pouring pressure on the Dogs to do the deal knowing full well we’re not ■■■■■■■ around and want to get it done.

9 Likes

What methods would Connors use to pressure the dogs?

Is that like the Aldi mafia?

2 Likes

How many Doggies memberships will be introduced to the inside of a mircowave if they fail to trade Stringer? How many have they already baked over the affair thus far? No one can know for sure, but the longer this new saga goes on, the more damage this will do to the Doggies and their chances of attracting members in 2018. Meanwhile EFC memberships will be set to zoom to record high levels.

Can Gordon survive if this trade is not made? I like to think he can’t. You can be as pedantic as you like, in private you can seethe all you want, nut even a goon like him needs to pull his head and put the needs of his club before his ego. Grab some popcorn and settle down for the next thrilling episode. More to come, much more.

1 Like

Hes not a mentally unstable middle aged woman, so no

Haha

15 Likes

I think Doggies supporters would rather keep him all things considered.

But what they won’t be happy with is if it’s fact, that Dogs/Gordon knocked back two very viable & fair offers that meant they actually got them pick 11.

Instead now will end up with EFC getting a hold of pick 16 or 17 to hand them, if they lucky. If goes to mediation, it could end up just being 24. Then Gordon will be in firing line of whole club.

Jake Stringer could stay at Western Bulldog after Essendon trade pick 11 for Devon Smith

MARK ROBINSON AND SAM LANDSBERGER, Herald Sun
35 minutes ago
Subscriber only

JAKE Stringer could remain a Western Bulldogs player after his manager conceded a trade to Essendon was “tricky’’.

On Thursday, the Bombers used pick No.11 to help secure Devon Smith from Greater Western Sydney, a pick the Bulldogs demanded off Essendon for Stringer.

The Bombers hope their two second-round selections - No.24 and No.29 - will swing the trade, as well as secure Gold Coast’s Adam Saad, although the Bulldogs say those picks won’t make it happen.

The Bombers have baulked at using next year’s first-round selection, although they know that offer would get the deal done.

Stringer’s manager Paul Connors today told the Herald Sun: “We’re committed to Essendon and that’s what we’re going to do.

“But it’s tricky.

“But we’re confident it will be all done.”

Asked what happens if it can’t be agreed to, Connors said: “That’s something we’ll cross if it happens. But hopefully it doesn’t.’’

The odds of Stringer being at the Western Bulldogs shortened after the Smith deal was confirmed.

The Bulldogs and the Bombers met on Monday and talks since have been deadlocked.

In what is shaping as a who-blinks-first scenario, the Bombers hope the Dogs will yield on the final day of the trade period on Thursday.

The Dogs have maintained if a deal does not satisfy them, they will keep 23-year-old Stringer.

On Monday they were adamant that if pick No.11 was sent to Gold Coast for Saad or the Giants for Smith, Stringer was likely to remain a Bulldog.

Stringer, who has been ill this past week, is flying to United States at the weekend for a holiday with his future unclear.

Dogs coach Luke Beveridge said from the outset they wouldn’t deal Stringer cheaply.

“We’re not going to just say ‘Here you go, you can have Jake Stringer’,” he told the Herald Sun.

“We’ve said to him, you’re going to play here mate if no one is going to treat you with the respect you should have as far as what you have achieved, because we need to do what’s right for the club as much as you as well.

“You asked if it’s irretrievable. It’s not.”

List manager Jason McCartney reiterated: “If we cannot achieve a satisfactory agreement with another club he will remain with the Western Bulldogs.

“We are very clear on that. Jake is contracted for next season and we would look forward to him playing with us in 2018 if a deal doesn’t work out over the next few weeks.”

The Bombers are all-in for the 2015 All-Australian and 2016 premiership star and they waiting for the Bulldogs to buckle ahead of next week’s 2pm trade deadline.

They have Stringer’s word that he will boost his fitness over summer in preparation to be reprogrammed as a midfield-forward.

They have met with him countless times and at every level, with list manager Adrian Dodoro, coach John Worsfold and chief executive Xavier Campbell all sitting down with the erratic gamebreaker.

But Essendon - eager to shed its tag as hard to deal with in trade week - knows the talks are on a knife’s edge.

1 Like

Doggies don’t care about what they get for stringer. As far as their concerned the back tracking worked and stringer will stay unless we get a top 10 pick somehow. ■■■■■■■ morons.

They had that opportunity.

1 Like

Remind me who treated him without respect again?

18 Likes

Dogs are sounding a bit hard to deal with.

1 Like

Beat me by that much…

“We’ve said to him, you’re going to play here mate if no one is going to treat you with the respect you should have as far as what you have achieved, because we need to do what’s right for the club as much as you as well."

Who treated him with what respect? What a ■■■■■■’ shambles

3 Likes

Is that the first time Connors has acknowledged they’re committed to Essendon?

2 Likes