Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Hahahahahaha. I just read the AFL article and the Dogs are farking collosial dumb carnts. It is so good to see Peter Gordon, sorry I mean ‘the Dogs’, fall asleep at the wheel and get farked over. I suspect that in negotiations the WB have made indications, one way or another, that Stringer won’t be there next year. When the Dogs were evasive and/or postured this morning, Essendon must have read tea leafs and thought he’s going regardless so we will accept the GWS deal and offer the WB their best available. I would be staggered if the deal doesn’t get done and equally as staggered, if Stringer actually stays at the Doggies regardless of a deal getting done.

1 Like

I still have faith that Connors will get it done but I wish he was a bit more aggressive. Plenty of time still though I guess.

I just fear that dogs are possibly just giving Jake a scare to kick him back into action.

I wondeer if it was Gordon who blocked the deal going through. i get the feeling he over rode the list manager. Be a lot of pressure on him if AFLPA gets involved and he is accused of abusing player’s welfare.

3 Likes

I think he is the be all and end all.

Game breaking talent like his doesn’t grow on trees. He could elevate us to top 4 next year easily. That puts us in flag contention.

7 Likes

With this years draft supposedly thin, you’d think there’s a fair chance a club with a 1st rnd pick from about 15/16 plus, may well think they have a better chance at getting one good one with 2 cracks in the 20’s, …

Agree must get Stringer

1 Like

Yep.

Next year I feel he’s going to go to the next level. Hopefully with us.

1 Like

Two second rounders for next years surely gets it done in a stronger draft. I want Stringer but the Dogs can get fcked.

I would be concerned about Stringers welfare if he had to go back to the Dogs, given what their coach and others have said about him. How could he do that?

Won’t someone consider the players?

18 Likes

I’m not interested in farking the dogs over, and hope a fair deal can be done, but the posturing from both sides does make me question the value of stringer-

I think he is an excitement machine (so does BT apparently) and at his best (2015) he is worth at least a high first round pick, but at his worst (including his off field dramas and locker-room issues) is he even worth a second round pick?

Even in 2015 he only finished 7th in his club best and fairest and has failed to place in the top 10 in the two years since. Interestingly our old mate Crammers finished 8th in 2014 and again Stringer didn’t make the top 10.

So if we forget all the hype and hope, what is his real value?

Based on picks that Essendon has got back from players it has traded out, I would say probably worth a second round pick, but I wouldn’t be upset if we paid a little more.

7 Likes

Smith,Saad,Stringer

Makes up for losing Ryder,Hibberd,Carlilse

1 Like

Why doesn’t stringer come out and demand he get traded to essendon?

Personally I’d be quite happy to give up next year’s 1st for Stringer if we can get next year’s second back off the Bulldogs. Then give up this year’s 29 for Saad.

Leaves us with 24 for this year and three second rounders for next year, so plenty of chance to get back in the first round next year

11 Likes

Yeah, i was thinking similar. Offer them the same deal, 2018 version. Hopefully we are top four and its a relatively small pick downgrade. 3x 2nd round picks in a deeper draft is not too shabby.

5 Likes

I don’t mind that.

The only concern would be finding a team prepared to give up a first rounder next year in what is supposed to be a super draft.

What I like about that, is that it’s an even bet at the moment, but we could likely end up very much on top.

People that don’t want him are kidding themselves.
He’ll be in the top 10 players at our club.

7 Likes

He’s been ill according to the HS maybe that’s why.

1 Like

Top 10 in what? The BnF? Has only made the top 10 once (placed seventh in 2015) so would need to replicate that form to do so. I hope he will, but it’s not a certainty.

2 Likes