Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

GC - Put 29 on the table and walk off
Bulldogs - Put 24 on the table and walk off

Dodo, Merv and the bald guy then leave the building and don’t return unless they call

Stuff them, those clubs made their bed

4 Likes

Glad you’re not our recruiting manager!

11 Likes

One thing that worries me (not knowing how F/S works), is whether we could still get Mason Fletcher if we give away next years 1st.

100%

Re Stringer, everyone is saying 15-20. 24 is only 4 worse. Last offer, but hurry because we have other options we are entertaining.

If conners and disco can’t get it done then I would be very, very surprised.

1 Like

The truth of the matter is that Stringer is a star in the making
Hope we have not stffed it up again
I would give my 1 st round pick next year. If we get Stringer and Saad we will be in the top 4 and our first round pick will be about 15

6 Likes

Trade efc 2018 first for stringer and dogs 2018 second.

Pretty similar to 11 for stringer & 27 but next years draft is stronger.

Could also swap 24&27 if we need to sweeten the deal.

Then trade 27 to suns for saad.

Take 29 to draft.

And have 3 second rounders in 2018 draft efc, dogs, GWS

2 Likes

I’d say our 2018 should be 100% off the table. The draft is too strong.

4 Likes

Watch it work over the next few days, maybe not as dramatic but result will be the same

Leaving it to the manager to deal with.

1 Like

He is a ripper bloke, loves a little air time on the radio just to pump up his tyres

1 Like

There is a week to play out yet. Looks like no other competition at this point in time so a strategic approach is needed. No point in throwing picks on the table and walking away with a week to go. That makes no sense at all.

2 Likes
  1. At the moment he’s not going to rank absurdly high.
  2. You can combine multiple picks to get the points required.
  3. You can, I gather, even go into debt by using the points from the following year! And that’s without using Geelong or Hawthorn’s special rules.
2 Likes

Panic, panic

Let’s give all our draft picks to the bulldogs for Stringer.

2 Likes

wouldn’t matter if 1 week or 1 day left, the picks are all we have, 2018 in another building year we need the picks
They gambled on 11 for Smith
Just my opinion, set the standard, get the deals and I don’t want to have to listen to AFL Teade radio anymore
Plus we keep Francis

Dogs look like ■■■ clowns now, demanded 11 and then played games. We worked with them and they still blew it. Now they are in a real bind, all the talk about he will come back will destroy them. How can they do that to an employee and expect him to come back and perform.

We can throw them a bone by getting a pick 17 and handing it over, but I think again they will play games. Connors will turn up the heat on the weekend. 1 article saying he won’t go back and wants to go to Essendon will completely ■■■■ them!

3 Likes

I personally think we will miss out on Stringer (hope I’m wrong) but strongly believe they will get him in and try and convince him to stay because they can’t get anywhere near what they want for him. A lot of humble pie will be swallowed. If he doesn’t buy it then another set of circumstances will play out with possibly another Club entering the fray. Refer: Sun Tsu’s Art of War :wink:

Connors - the enemy of your enemy is your ally.

I was watching the Essendon vs Port game from this season before. The thought of adding Stringer, Saad and Smith to that team has me itching for next year.

Particularly our forward line and newly built midfield. They will be dangerous!

1 Like

Offer them next year 4th round pick. They had their chances with both us and Geelong, both reasonable deals…

No way can Stringer go back to their club, AFL and his agent wont allow it.

Dogs have managed this very poorly.

1 Like

No way…Stringer will not even talk to them…he is only playing for one club next year and that is Essendon…Bulldogs had their chance at Pick 11 and stuffed it up…GWS to their credit did their business deal and hey Essendon aren’t that bad to deal with…both sides pretty happy…stuff the Dogs…pack of dickheads.

4 Likes