Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

I think Richmond were worried that deal wont leave them in a position to recruit Naish as a f/s, as they might be outbid.

Hmmm…starting to look like the Bulldogs keep their box of chocolates and we end up with paying ‘overs’ for a boiled lolly (Smith)!!

Paying overs? You realise we got 2 second rounders back right?

14 Likes

Do we have a president?..kind of nice isn’t it

lol karma

The only way the dogs can save some face now is to take the two second rounders ASAP and then turn them into a 1st round pick THEMSELVES. This will at least make them look like they are trying to make the best of what they ended up with.
If they make EFC do the swap for them, they look even more petulant. Hopefully they make EFC do it :slight_smile:

They couldn’t even get the Watts trade done, how could they do Stringer?

2 Likes

I was refering to what happened in the gif that AdamK posted.

1 Like

It’s actually strengthening their hand by giving them more points to use should a bid come in earlier than expected so that would be case.

More likely we get 17 off the them than 15 however I’m guessing.

1 Like

Karma… stick to the photos will ya!

15 Likes

Karma, I love your work normally…but this is certainly “interesting”. Like someone posted in another thread, I’m starting to think you’ve been looking at the wrong player.

Anyway, I look forward to Grand final day next year when Smith collects the Norm Smith and see if you’re still sticking to your guns :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve never seen such disdain and hatred of a player whom is clearly talented and presents as quite a mature and level headed individual …I don’t get it at all.

If I walked into work and my boss said to me we don’t like the way you are behaving/performing and we don’t think you’re the right fit here and we think you should look somewhere else and then made that public to the entire industry damaging my reputation i’d feel pretty unwelcome and I think a constructive dismissal claim would have some serious legs.

Obviously footy is a different beast to other industries but the laws of this country still apply and this pretty quickly starts to head into restraint of trade territory if you try to deny that. The afl will ■■■■ the bed and pull hard on the choke chain

Otherwise it could be the AFL’s Bosman moment.

11 Likes

Must have cut his lunch at a bar one night.

3 Likes

Didn’t know he is a relative of dear old Norm! :joy:
He must be a champion then.:wink:

I love that trade week is all about Essendon.
I love that it’s always us in the papers and on the news.
We are bigger than the afl.
We are Essendon

14 Likes

That line from Beveridge is truly high comedy.

1 Like

They didnt just tell him he would be traded. The coach then publicly opened potting season on him to justify why he needed to go. The playing group would be better off without him… Senior players then question his committment to the club. Its extraordinary.

6 Likes

That sort of action is normally about $500 an hour.

2 Likes

Fair enough, then they should do it then. I didn’t do the math, just going on what was said elsewhere. TBH, I skim over a lot of the actual details as things change so much!