Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Doubtful

Stringer apparently met with his manager and Atkins today. I’m sure its nothing, but imagine if Adelaide swooped with p 16

1 Like

lol imagine of the Crows offer pick 10 for him.

Strange though because on Trade Radio Cooney said Stringer was in Queensland I think atm?

come on Jackets get him already!

His kids live in Victoria. He isnt going to SA

4 Likes

Yeah, they have plenty of first round picks

Surely Stringer wouldn’t want to move away from his kids though…

or maybe atkins is looking at coming back to victoria?

4 Likes

Yeah it would be a very strange decision.

Again though I am sure I heard Cooney say he was interstate atm. Did anyone else hear that?

Or maybe two vic kids have the same manager and catch up with him prior to heading O/S.

2 Likes

Why can’t he go interstate? Are we your a king him now?

How’s the panic in here!

Atkins likely managed by same party, and both looking at moving. Stringer is not going to SA. Connors sports managed clients would be crossing paths all the time in that office at this time of year.

If there is any link at all which is doubtful, it’s Atkins possibly wanting to go to Dogs, Stringer to EFC and we send Crows ? … there is no reason that the players would need to meet together in order for this to be undertaken though.

3 Likes

I just looked him up to see his position and stuff and this was the first line:

Atkins was drafted by Adelaide with pick 81 of the 2012 National Draft, having slid down the draft order after being expelled from the AIS program for a lack of work ethic.

???

Ah yep…good thanks!

1 Like

I’m fine thank you Susan.

3 Likes

I’m not so sure about that.

If it looks like the Essendon deal won’t get done, i’m sure he will be happy to go to Geelong and he met with and toured there so if he had no interest at all he wouldn’t have bothered.

They have lost Mackey, Lonergan and soon to be Motlop and they are happy for Menzel to leave. Seems like plenty of cash to pay for Stringer and he would be an upgrade on Menzel.

Either Stringer or Watts and at this stage it looks like they want Watts

They won’t have any better picks than what we can already offer.

What about Ablett?