Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

If we do get him the club will give him all the support he needs imo that’s the kind of club we are.

I don’t have any new info. That’s fair dinkum

1 Like

Basil the flog called tippa when he kicked a goal. It was all over the EFC phone app for weeks. AMT (Anthony McDonald Tippa) as good as you’ll see lol

This is all that can happen assuming we ignore fogdogs comment which I don’t want to do

Pick 11 = stringer

Pick 29 + next year 1st rounder + lav/langford = Kelly.

Not sure GWS will go for that unless they are feeling really generous

1 Like

That article reads like they’re selling you Jonathon Hay…

6 Likes

So now we’re offering steak knives for the third best player in the comp this year.
FFS guys get real that’s why clubs and other supporters laugh at us. You cant get a Rolls Royce for a Datsun 130B

Read the whole post, not just half of it

I apologise but what have I missed, I said I was dumb.

Seems as though it’s over now.

I think your theories are ok but Lav Lang have a contract and voice and if they were put up to GWS for arguments sake-

1/ They would not go i would think
2/ The idea of club floating them would them have them looking to move on end of 2018 potentially if they had better options

Both are AFL players

I think Revies comment is fairly clear. If we’re still chasing Kelly then we may not have pick 11 to use on Stringer.

The two biggest names this trade period imo are Kelly and Lever. Until their clubs exit the finals and they can announce their intentions, we arent really sure where the draft picks will be flowing to. Much will follow from those two decisions.

5 Likes

That GWS would go for it unless they were feeling very generous

1 Like

:grinning:

4 Likes
  • Dylan Shiel is #5 for the GWS Giants.

• Jake Stringer was selected at pick #5 in the 2012 national draft.

• Tom Rockliff was selected at pick #5 in the 2009 pre-season draft.

2 Likes

How’s Stringers emotional state ? Probably worth the risk but this has buyer beware written all over it.

1 Like

Problem is if you don’t use pick 11 Geelong have 20, and they are in the running.

Perhaps pick 11 and 47 for Stringer and 26 (or the lowest of second round picks they have at the end of trading). Then you could offer 2 second rounders this year and next years first should Kelly hapen.

People are kidding themselves if they think another gun player (midfielder that everyone is hoping for) will come out and nominated us. Then we’ll have a dilemma of having to choose who to hand our first round pick over for. It won’t happen. Kelly won’t choose us. Gaff won’t choose us. Any other superstar player won’t choose us.

Just be happy that an All Australian premiership player has a preference for us.

Just use the first round pick and it’s done. Then we can sort out any more needs with FA or lesser players.

5 Likes

Looks like it. Damn it!

They’re throwing him out the window. but they want whoever catches him to pay them premium rates?

foad you absolute ■■■■ stain of a club thats only been propped up by the afls ■■■■ adjudication of the sport.

1 Like

#5 :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes