Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

I’m amazed that so many of them can actually sign their names.

1 Like

I get your point but will they.

I’m surprised people are suggesting we use next year’s first round pick! Crazy talk. The ‘Dogs have to take our two second rounders or next year is going to be a circus for them. We need to stand firm. We will stand firm.

6 Likes

Ummmm… Joe Daniher kicked 43 goals last year.

Stringer only kicked 37 goals during the regular season and 5 in finals.

When Dodoro says “we are just waiting for a call from the Dogs”, he really means to confirm the deal is done.

2 Likes
22 Likes

Jake Stringer’s trade to Essendon nears as Western Bulldogs, West Coast shuffle picks
Jay Clark, Herald Sun
11 minutes ago
Subscriber only
THE WESTERN Bulldogs have made progress on a pick swap with West Coast which would send Jake Stringer to Essendon.

After two frantic days of discussions with the Eagles, the Dogs are believed to be close to an arrangement which would help them secure a first-round draft pick for the loss of the All-Australian forward.

The deal involves the Dogs accepting picks No.25 and No.30 from Essendon for Stringer.

HELP NEEDED: DOGS HEAD WEST TO RESCUE STRINGER DEAL

JON RALPH: STRINGER’S RETURN WOULD BE TOXIC FOR DOGS

NOT ENOUGH: WHY DOGS DON’T WANT BOMBERS’ PICKS

BUCKENARA: SECOND-ROUNDERS NOT ENOUGH FOR STRINGER

As the Herald Sun revealed on Tuesday, the Dogs would then on-trade No.25 and No.30, and potentially their own No.28, to West Coast for pick No.13.

The deal would help satisfy the Eagles’ desire to load up with more picks inside the top-50 of next month’s national draft after four senior player retirements this year including veteran midfielders Sam Mitchell and Matt Priddis.

West Coast also possesses picks No.32 and No.50.

Jake Stringer kicks a goal for the Western Bulldogs. Picture: Michael Klein
But there could be another layer of the West Coast-Bulldogs deal which could help sweeten the agreement further in the Eagles’ favour before Thursday’s 2pm trade deadline.

Under one proposal, the Dogs could give their current pick No.9 in this year’s draft to West Coast.

In return, the Eagles could hand over a future first or second-round pick in next year’s draft back to the Dogs.

Overall it means the Dogs would slide back from No.9 to No.13 in this year’s draft and lose two or three selections in the second round.

But the Dogs would bolster their position in next year’s draft which is widely believed to house one of the best talent pools in recent years.

The Eagles bowed out in the second week of this year’s finals race but could drop down the ladder next year as they look to replenish the list with fresh young talent.

The Herald Sun understands Dogs’ list manager Jason McCartney was still thrashing out details of the deal with Eagles’ list chief Brady Rawlings on Tuesday night.

Negotiations could continue right up until Thursday’s 2pm trade deadline.

Jake Stringer has been exiled after a difficult year off-field. Picture: Michael Klein
The lifeline would help McCartney navigate a difficult situation after Essendon list guru Adrian Dodoro smartly took pick No.11 off the table last week in a trade for Devon Smith.

The Dogs have been under intense pressure to secure a Stringer deal in recent days after surprisingly putting him up for trade last month amid some frustrations with his preparation and behaviour.

Importantly, the deal would with Essendon and West Coast would avoid the ugly scenario where Stringer would be forced to return to the Kennel next year to continue his football career against his will.

While the Dogs have maintained they were happy to keep Stringer to his contract, the situation would create massive distraction for Stringer and his teammates if he remained at the club in 2018.

The acquisition of Stringer caps a stunning trade period for Essendon, nabbing Smith, speedster Adam Saad and, finally, premiership star Stringer.

The talent injection was designed to give the resurgent Bombers a genuine crack at a top-four spot next year.

10 Likes

Did Bevo have one of his famous press conferences about picks 9,25 and 30??

5 Likes

Dodoro to dogs list/ recruiting team:

22 Likes

I will never get sick of those trump gifs

1 Like

We can’t use it even if we wanted to.

Really?? I’d be happy to never see that lying sackofshits face ever again.

Can’t stand the sight of the pillock.

5 Likes

I think 7 of them are actually Essendon supporters who don’t want us to get Stringer.

7 Likes

#triggered

8 Likes

Idk, i think trump gives are actually very good. THE BEST even

How can you not like Trump? You must be the liberal #fakenews media. Sad!

2 Likes

The Bulldogs have gone full retard . Never go full retard .

2 Likes

You left me no choice

23 Likes

Wonder if the club recorded a video of Jake in Essendon gear before he left for the US

6 Likes

U know it!

3 Likes