Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Way overs for mine.

1 Like

More likely as the deal of 3 x 2 rounders didn’t appeal to the WCE.

This deal will be Ann tomorrow

I’m probably the only one but I feel like 25+ 30 is actually overs. It is more than the 11 with 26 back that we were asking for…

It seemed like we all started on the same page that Stringer was worth, on current form and circumstances, around pick 15-20. We are now offering the ‘equivalent’ of Pick 10?

I know points aren’t everything if WCE are putting pick 13 into play for those two picks… then that might be the better deal. Or if we can use 25 to grab Schache it might be a better deal.

I’m still sold on Stringer and think we will get him… but I can’t believe they are stuffing around with a very good deal for a player they effectively don’t want.

1 Like

Points aren’t worth ■■■■, unless you’re planning on bidding on a F/S or academy kid. If this draft is as weak as people are claiming, you’re definitely going to be better off taking a small number of picks as soon as possible.
11 seems to me to be a lot more valuable than two second rounders. But the Bulldogs appear to have been really eager from day one to sodomize themselves as hard as possible.
I think if we can get Stringer for those two picks, we’ll have done well. Certainly wouldn’t be entertaining keeping them just because the Eagles are possibly interested in them.

8 Likes

Based on that, Port gave us ‘equivalent’ of pick 9 for Ryder, which sounds like a half decent deal. It wasn’t though.

25+30 for Jake Stringer is an absolute steal. I actually can’t even get my head around the fact it might happen.

19 Likes

Stay strong! We are almost there. We are nearly up to 10 K comments. I want my life back and Stringer of course. Wonder how many comments would be entered on the Bulldogs fan site?

Twenty.

They have ten supporters and they made two comments each.

2 Likes

1 Like

Being told swans tried to get involved & expedited the process. Could be done today.

28 Likes

IT’S TIME

Except when Hawthorn needed to land JOM

Maybe Swans offloading Tippett to the Dogs?

Yeah its compared to pick 10, but the difference is at pick 25 and 30 you’re not going to get a bloke thats rated around top 10 in the draft USUALLY.
Plus its also mainly for the points for academy/father son

30+Bird.

1 Like

Lloyd for the second time now has given Stringer ■■■■ for leaving to the U.S. instead of staying and trying to get fit for season 2018.

Is that a fair statement?

So where are we going to go after the thread-pocalypse?

1 Like

Completely unfair. The guy needs to get his head right before he needs to get fit. After his last few weeks, I would think he needs to get away from it all for a bit.

9 Likes

I listened to about 30 seconds yesterday and Lloyd was saying the complete opposite. Cornes was criticising Stringer for going away but Lloyd was saying he probably deserved a break.

Must have been told that line doesn’t sell?

1 Like

Forcing WC to stop haggling over the various options and just do a deal or miss out I assume