Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

I want this week to last forever so we can get all of the trades.

2 Likes

No, Lloyd is being an ■■■■. It is the middle of Oct, he is going to be away for 2 weeks and will be back at the start of Nov. If he can’t get fit between Nov and April next year then something is seriously wrong. 2 weeks holiday after all the crap he has been through is hardly a hanging offence.

4 Likes

Also been training leading up to his trip. IIRC Cooney said been doing boxing already which not done that early in preseason before ever.

6 Likes

Captain Batman is the “Caped” crusader not the “Cloaked” Crusader.

2 Likes

Let’s get pick 13 from West Coast and go to the draft! I would laugh my azzzz off should we do that.

1 Like

Stringer is not 'Unfit". His just trying to push into the midfield.
Let the guy enjoy a little break, after a long year…

I agree about he should have a break and get away.
I did raise a little eyebrow though when he apparently had a meeting with Geelong and stood them up. I don’t care if he’d already made up his mind, it says plenty about a bloke that would do that. Assuming it’s true, he needs a massive kick up the ■■■■ and learn some respect.
Assuming it’s true.

AFL player goes on holiday for 2 weeks after a gruelling season just like 90% of other players around the league.

Someone think of the children!

Has anyone thought that he could still be training whilst he is over there?

More than likely it is just a boys trip with his good mates and he’ll get on a bender but… Let’s not act like he isn’t AFL fit or inconsistent. Like others have said above, he is building on his tank to move into the midfield, it isn’t like we are putting Courtney Johns or Jay Neagle into the midfield here.

A pre-season training with the midfield group and also a rigorous training program to help improve his endurance, set out by the club will have him firing on all cylinders for 2018 IMO.

Yep, if true, w a n k e r. But I reckon we might know that’s a little the case anyway. You hope bw 24-28 a bloke loses the attitude and gets a proper one.

He’s just had ankle reconstruction surgery.

You and also 95% of Blitz would have a conniption if he had taken that “meeting” with Geelong and crapped on about Connors maximising deals for his players and that Stringer obviously doesn’t want to be at Essendon blah, blah, blah and you know it.

good time to offload him then! i heard that on radio but surely theyd want him off their books at any chance.

Totally unfair. Bloke needs a break just like anyone else. I hear he is off to Vegas, it’s not like he’s single and has a gambl…oh wait maybe best he stays

3 Likes

No, nothing to do with Tippett but more to do with upgrading the later picks using pick 14. Seems many clubs will only be using minimal draft selections this year. In any case, the swans wanting to get involved seems to have moved things along which is a good thing. Wonder if this gets done today whether we have a crack at a 4th target?

8 Likes

Nervous times. Into the 9,900s.

2 Likes

Stringer brings baggage. I’m expecting the trifecta. Drugs, Mental Health and a poor attitude. Maybe even injury issues.

Needs massive care to get him right. The fame of an AFL footballer went to his head.

1 Like

Whose the 4th target? I’ve heard that it’s someone that would make BB implode… unless that shipped sailed?

The Swans have said publicly that he is a requires player (fwiw) but even if they do want to offload him, would anyone want to take someone who has had that kind of surgery at his age after such a patchy couple of seasons? He’d want to come cheap!

I think you missed the point.

He didn’t miss the meeting to put blitz at ease. Of course we’re all stoked Geelong aren’t in the picture.
I’m pointing out that he might have some serious character flaws.

Still want him

2 Likes

He knows about running away.