Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Implode sounds so bad - collapsing violently inward (according to my dictionary) - who could we possibly be targeting who is that bad? Lindsey Thomas?

Do tell

Gibbs?

My head would explode

3 Likes

More conniptions then?

91 posts to 10,000!!!

It wont be Gibbs, but PLEASE be Gibbs!

And how do we know he didn’t just rock up and that he didn’t call someone at the club ie the greatest bloke to ever bloke and say: “Thanks, but no thanks.”?

Or maybe his manager called them to say he wasn’t coming?

Gotta be Masten

2 Likes

Context is everything, though.
For example, let’s say Stringer met both clubs, and was almost decided on Bombers. Cats sense this, and decide to go one last effort. Throw everything into a final meet. Stringer acquiesces, but as the day approaches firms in his decision to be a Bomber. He mans up and tells the Cats that another meeting is not really worth it. Cats feel a little miffed, but understand, and put out that they are not serious contenders anymore.

Does it still feel like Stringer is irresponsible or lax?

2 Likes

Think it was Watts early on

And the typical media reporting of this is deliberate lies, again, by leaving that bit out.

1 Like

We can still get Gibbs… :laughing:

Just doing my bit

3 Likes

But thinking about Tippett. He’d be an upgrade on McKernan right?

1 Like

Heaven forbid that context and facts are used.

something will happen today. not sure what, but something.

1 Like

I assume this was said with sarcasm?

2 Likes

Does anyone think West Coast might include that Tom Lamb into the trade?

Fair, this is probably the default response to any AFL rumour. Good thing is, like most of what’s bizarrely happened this trade period, it plays well for us to have Stringer portrayed in yet more dark light.