They will ask for more than pick 11.

Nothing surer.

1 Like

Maybe Sydney are feeling generous again

They’ll ask for 11 and Langford.

I’ll be filthy if we lose Langford for stringer

1 Like

Fingers crossed.

Langford is contracted till 2019 i think.

Do the Doggies like Tippett or do we have to take him?

Clearly something significant has changed since this post 4 days ago. Curious to know what that is. I’ve been lead to believe we’ve been confident for a while now and the groundwork goes back quite a ways.

1 Like

First round picks bust every year, Jake Stringer for pick 11 is about as safe as it gets.

4 Likes

I think similar, but its hard to know without all the information in front of us, maybe pick 11 is worth considering.
Is there a kid we really rate that we think no one else will nab before us? Do we need it for another deal we have in play, or are confident about?
Weather it be pick 11 or a 2nd rounder, we would want to be sure that Jake was going to commit. We need to be asking all the right questions and be given all the right answers. We really don’t have enough info to make these judgement calls. Saying get it done for pick 11 or disco should be sacked is just plain silly.

1 Like

Stringer, Daniher, Orazio, Tippa, Hooker in 1 forward line??

5 Likes

Just need a midfield and we can win the flag next season.

We be mad not to chase after Rockliff.

3 Likes

I’m sure we’d be making some inquiries

Langers had played well against the dogs so who knows they could want him. Interesting times - but he is still contracted

I WANT Stringer but I can’t see spending pick 11 on him helps our midfield woes.

Surely our forward line is the least of our issues.

Pick 11 should be off the table. All rival clubs expressing interest wouldn’t be offering a pick in that range. Saints wont use either of their top 10 picks. Pies will not squander another first rounder. North offering a top 5 pick? Get out! And Cats don’t even have a first rounder.

Given the circumstances he is worth a late first to early second pick. I will be very disappointed to give 11 away for a player who consistently comes late to training, has extreme personal issues and has been branded by his coach as toxic to his playing group.

I want him badly and think that 25 and a fringe player such as Redman is sufficient.

1 Like

Would be a mistake giving up pick 11 for a player who had an ordinary year.
In addition, he’s numbers are average.
Of his 5 years in the system he’s had 2 good years.
He’s not a high possession winner.
He’s got issues.

2 Likes

EFA

If he nominates US, though it is a very different story in AFL land.

Please refer to the Caddy case for a direct contradiction to your case.

When have those AFL Roles ever done us any favours?

EVER???

All they have ever done is rained down shit) on our heads,

As if those farking steaming piles of shit) would ever do anything that would ever help Essendon.

FFS.

2 Likes

May have already been said.

There are no free agents that will deliver a first round pick.

End of first round at best.

11 is 11

Guaranteed.

1 Like

Its hard for me to understand my emotions right now. I’m feeling a warm feeling toward toward Conners, almost like I’m barracking for him, but he’s someone I know in my head that I’ve despised. I’m confused…

1 Like

pick 11 isn’t even that good… i mean yeah, you have a chance to get a pretty good player.

2012 - troy menzel
2013 - dom sheed
2014 - liam duggan
2015 - Wayne Milera
2016 - Oliver Florent

Id trade it for stringer in a heartbeat

7 Likes