Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

First I’ve heard of it. Before bevo said he was on the trade table it was issues due to his missus taking the kids. Day after the dogs make it public they want him gone, he is suddenly an ice junkie. Really makes ya think hmmmm

4 Likes

He said option for 5, ergo if rockliff is still providing output in his 4th.

rockliff is the perfect recruit we could bring in to give our club’s young players time to build up to being regular contributors.

2 Likes

The fifth year for rocky would be based on parameters sort of like Goddards deal.

Stringer is quality and you have to give something to get something

Rockliff is an AA though.

5 years is excessive, but you’d have to do at 3-4 just to get him.

1 Like

Cale hooker?

Zaka got 4 years, same age and rockliff has had more output than him.

2 Likes

800 is to much for starters, 3 max as well.

stringer was quality.

Now he is a hot mess.

THIS IS NOT A KNEE-JERK REACTION: WATSON

AFL great Tim Watson has given his take on the Jake Stringer trade situation.

Watson believes that when a coach who is as well credentialed as Luke Beveridge falls out with a player, serious questions need to be asked of the player.

“When a coach like Bevo falls out with a player like Jake Stringer and loses faith and confidence in him, for me the alarm bells start to go off immediately about the player,” Watson said on SEN radio.

“Why is he prepared now, Luke Beveridge, for the right deal to move on a 23-year-old All-Australian?

“This is not a knee-jerk reaction. The Dogs have tried every which way to reach, placate and deal with Stringer and fold him into the pack. They have only wanted complete buy-in. He is only wanting to put down a 10 per cent deposit.”

Stringer has already attracted plenty of interest from rival clubs, with Essendon and Geelong leading the way.
However, Watson says Stringer will need to change his attitude or he will find himself in the same situation at his next club.

“He’s young, extremely talented and a match winner, but he will find himself in the same position down the track if he doesn’t change, doesn’t mature and he doesn’t adhere to the rules and structures that make a team great,” he said.

“It’s said a leopard never changes its spots, they get bigger or smaller. It’s time for Jake to shrink his.”

2 Likes

Well port and lions are offering 3 so if we want him we will need to offer 4. Would definitely offer him 4

3 Likes

No, 3 would get it done as long as the money lines up, he wants back to Victoria, I’m told from a very reliable source.

9 Likes

We should go for it then, rocky would solve half our midfield problem in one hit, also allow us picks too.

1 Like

Wow. This thread. Wow.

Gone from “out of form former AA” to “on the drugs that killed River Phoenix” in the space of fifty posts.

Has anyone who has posted along the lines of “Full Cousins, do not want” heard anything about this chronic addiction other than what they’ve reacted to in here for the last hour?

Christ on a pole, just get him in to football.

17 Likes

But if someone else offers him 4 with the same money and we lose our chance to get him.

For once we don’t have to trade to get him- which is a bonus as we can never get trades done.

Just cash and a contract. The guy is so well suited to our needs it’s not funny

Get the package and i’ll crush his rocks to snort.

4 Likes

I just don’t see Stringer as worth pick 11. The baggage is very recent, the elite form is 18 months ago. Plus the dogs negotiating position is very weak considering how the trade has been initiated. Maybe when he became AA, you’d pay pick 11, but now I’d only offer a second round pick.

If pick 28 doesn’t get it done, then get another club involved. GC have 19 & 22, GWS have 23 & 25. These clubs will be active in trades and their picks are in the right range for Stringer’s value.

3 Likes

Oh I want him (Rocky) don’t get me wrong, but your money is way overs for what the market is saying, and the term is to long, you don’t want 800k tied up in a player in his age bracket during the period where guys like McGrath, Parish, Merrett, Fantasia and so on are coming out of theirs

We play our cards right and we can come out of this trade period with Rocky, a Kennedy, and pick 11.

We also need more speed

2 Likes

At current rate of progression, by end of week he’ll be on a wanted list at The Hague for crimes against the Rohingya. Been in Myanmar recently, Jake?

16 Likes

Listen to Timmy, he knows what’s up

1 Like

John?
Bobby?

Graham?

1 Like

whatever the nasty stuff going on around Stringer is you can bet your buttocks that it will come out AFTER we trade him.

2 Likes

Seven days ago Timmy was saying “he’s no flash in the pan” and “his best is yet to come”, according to the first post in the thread.

I guess Tim just discovered Stringer’s rap sheet today then, like everyone else.

2 Likes