Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Or Tim is helping devalue him in the media, 3rd rounder or no dice DAGS.

6 Likes

That’s the question though,

Is it generally a lack of professionalism?
Is it a falling out with his mates over his ex?
Is it a big head and thinks he doesn’t need to do the work?
Is it partying too much and likes the ladies?
Is it dabbling in Drugs and needs a change to break the cycle?
Is it he’s gone too far and is in real trouble?

If it’s the first 4 I can wear that.
If it’s 5 we need to not pay much and be very harsh on him straightening his life out
If it’s 6 then we must avoid

Only the dogs would really know, hopefully we can find out the truth before trade week.

1 Like

3 years with a option for a fourth. but make it hard like, must make AA team :slight_smile: or play every game.
Or poll most EFC Brownlow votes in 3rd year.

It’s already one of the greats.

Could be GOAT by the time trade period ends.

7 Likes

Stringer sleeps nude in an oxygen tent he believes gives him sexual powers

15 Likes

Won’t reach those stratospheric blitz heights until it has an appropriate thread title. Far too vanilla atm.

I heard Jake Stringer went to an Ice store, and he smoked all the ice in the ice store, and they had to close the ice store.

4 Likes

Stringer senses things in a deprivation chamber.

That’s it Tim, drive down his value!

I heard he counted to infinity…twice

1 Like

Martin has established consistent and excellent performance, but he is not even in the same area code of trouble as Stringer.

So which is worse? string or dust?

2 Likes

look in all honestly its probably just a culmination of things, and its hardly surprising tbh.

2015 he has a breakout year
gets his gf pregnant in 2016 sometime but they both know their relationship isn’t going well
2016 form suffers as a result, but they win premiership regardless
2017 relationship suffers total breakdown, form suffers even more, not helped by the fact the team is going poorly
ends up breaking up with girlfriend, goes on an end of season bender to help himself get over it (seriously wouldn’t hold that against him)
gets crucified at end of year review, im going to speculate and suggest the coach was insensitive to stringers off field struggles, he cracks the ■■■■■ and requests a trade

I dunno, all the talk is a bit disconcerting, but it might just be a bit of an exaggeration

1 Like

This is exactly what I was alluding to in my post last night. We know farking nothing of his situation compared to the likes of our recruiting staff. Yet some people on here are saying pick or 11 or pretty much sack jackets. Insane comments if you ask me, I really don’t know what he is worth and either do most of us.

We pretty much have to back the club in on this one. We will never know the extent of his issues.

5 Likes

I reckon the “perfect” recruit would be one around 23yo who’s already proven. One who can grow with our group of that age into a premiership side.

If we’re getting Rocky to provide some quality while these guys grow, then I’d prefer we just let the guys we have grow. 23-26 is the saga induced hole in our list. That’s what we need to fill in the perfect world.

(And it follows on from the hole we’ve had in that age group for years, but that’s about story)

I’m not completely against Rockliff, but I worry he’s a bit one way, and we’d be replacing mids who can get the ball but get killed on the spread with a mid who can get the ball but it’s only marginally better in the spread, b when we should be growing a team of 2 way runners. I may be being unfair to be Rockliff, but that’s my impression of him.

Can you think of a better cheap (in terms of list building) player that can do a role we sorely need for 3 or so years so we can develop the players we need for that role?

That would be brilliant. About the only way it could get better is to add Lever for #11.

1 Like

ESSENDRUG

amirite

• Stringer on the market
  • All Melbourne clubs ears pricked
  • Trade talk begins
  • Suddenly Stringer is an ice-addict
  • Trade value starts to fall and interest starts to wan

Almost sounds like a plan.

4 Likes

This thread has gone full retard