Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

I think if Essendon wants him they need to get the deal done fairly early. Stringer may nominate Essendon, but if there is no chance of returning to the Dogs the longer trade week goes on the more worried he may get. If other clubs are circling and putting up good offers regarding picks, then he may jump ship if Essendon muck around and it drags to the last day.

Honestly though I am not sure if he should be the target, would be a great get provided we land a big bodied inside midfielder. If it is him alone and we have to part with pick 11, it means we have not really strengthened our midfield, unless a free agent is secured.

With his obvious talent, as well explosiveness and size (with a load of hard work – which is the big caveat) he COULD become that inside/outside mid in the Dangerfield mold that we so desperately need.

This won’t happen overnight obviously, but if we can get him in there for bursts then that will only benefit our midfield.

Even if he plays predominantly as a forward this will enable Raz to spend more time in the middle, which I think will happen more next year regardless.

2 Likes

Theres still heaps of time to drive his trade value down… a few dodgy snapchats from the end of season footy trip should push him out to a third rounder (+ Ricky Dyson)? Ill get photoshop warmed up…

10 Likes

Is that you, Liz Lukin?

I believe in like for like trading.

Surely we have a player that takes Ice and turns up late to training to offer the Bulldogs.

Rebel Wilson says yes.

1 Like

Fixed.

We may need Donald Rumsfeld to adjudicate on this one.

Can all the Rockliff comments be saved for another thread? This is the Stringer thread, and comments about other players are seriously affecting the buzz in here.

2 Likes

If stringers problems were drugs, he’s doing a better job of hiding it than libba.

and the fact they aren’t canning or pushing of libba to me would suggest it’s not the case. you can’t say we are gonna change the culture on our supposed drug taking by getting rid of one player, while you keep another who wanders around town getting busted pinging off his head.

no doubt there’s something behind the scenes going on. hopefully they at least know the full story before deciding to pick him up, if they can get it done

I’d like Stringer at Essendon, whether he plays midfield or not.
However, I’d be taking three things into consideration.

• We might already have plans for #11.
  • We have zero reasons to be nice to the Bulldogs.
  • You don’t get a premium for breaking a young AA player, you f-knuckles.

Take a 2nd round and one from the bottom row.

22 Likes

Trust blitz to think a mid sized half forward will solve our problems and maybe end up a midfielder one day

5 Likes

Exclusive: Tonight on 7news, we were there with exclusive pics as Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro visited disgruntled Bulldog Jake Stringer at his home.

36 Likes

Said nobody, ever.
We get it.
You don’t want him.

7 Likes

Where’s Hurley?

Good grief
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/why-a-jake-stringer-for-todd-goldstein-trade-is-a-winwin-for-western-bulldogs-north-melbourne/news-story/2790b8d6a33e7a485eab5ebd615b8a3c

Article content not include because headline says it all.

Bens as worked up about this as wimm about woosha.

needs some bovril?

8 Likes

The hilarious thing is North could have cashed in on Goldy last year big time.

Now he is worth a packet of chips.

Tin rattlers

Lol

6 Likes

Are we talking about booze

Timmy didn’t actually say anything.

1 Like