Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

hard to see that backfiring on them…

5 Likes

In a perfect world, Pick 11 is fair, exactly what he is worth on the open market…IF he is contracted, happy at the club and the club has him as one of their untradables.

Only one of those is the case. The other two is the exact opposite. For some mysterious reason, the bulldogs are more than happy to shift one of their best players and stringer can’t wait to get the hell out.

That MUST impact what he is worth in a trade. In fact it now comes with a “buyers beware” warning with alarm bells ringing.

Pick 11? Spare me. A pick in the 20’s is what we as a responsible club should be offering. If we give up pick 11 and it blows up in our face. Not only will we have p!ssed away a good chance to pick up a midfielder, it’d be an absolute PR disaster.

9 Likes

Can mods please mandate a single thread to have all trade discussions. My finger is cramping up navigating multiple threads.

Hell no. I don’t want to be inundated about Stringer when I want to talk about Rockliff!

1 Like

Haven’t got a name for it yet

Pick 11 in one of the shallowest drafts in history will be a steal. The draft guru on SEN just said the draft pool this year is more like a puddle.

Would like Humble Minions thoughts if pick 11 would be a fair call for stringer, - I reckon it is fair for all and would have no problems swapping this for an AA at age 23.
Don’t believe all the crap you’re hearing today why didn’t it come out before now?

Hope X’s claim of being aggressive during the trade period isn’t restricted to Stringer only. Getting the package who’s got lots of baggage is uninspiring

1 Like

ha. Ironically, i’m betting if he was a certain type of player, you’d be all over him.

How’s that guy hawthorn picked up ?

1 Like

This actually goes against your point. Because it is a shallow draft this year, picks in the first round are worth more than previous years. Giving up pick 11 is like giving up pick 5 in another year. If the rumours true that kelly has re-signed, then we have no choice but to go to the draft to get a midfielder. Give up pick 11, we give up the chance to draft a kid like Constable.

I have no idea whether Stringer has issues, whether its sour grapes from doggies supporters, management leaks or whatever. But as I said in my previous post, being contracted is the only positive for the dogs in this scenario. They have shown their hand by wanting him out for some reason, and he has no intention of staying there. This DOES affect their negotiation strength.

It’s like a used car salesmen putting a sticker saying, “must sell today”, then ask top end blue book value.

2 Likes

Springers are a great way of catching a big fish.

Over to you Jackets!

“In the stomach!”

When people say this is a shallow draft they typically mean from pick 20ish onwards.

1 Like

Mainly played forward of the ball for Bendigo Bombers from memory. They spent all year trying to get the Pioneers to release either Wines or Stringer as the 23rd but (understandably given those two WERE the Pioneers in 2012) the junior club resisted until late in the season.

Stringer was on a limited preparation that year. I saw two Pioneer games at QEO as curtain raisers and the thing that stood out the most was his ability to put a couple of yards on opponents at the stoppage in the blink of an eye.

At VFL he looked physically ready, sold candy and baulked opponents with contempt and actually pressured and laid tackles. Very self confident kid. Which may also cause him trouble.

6 Likes

I’ve looked, but can’t find anything positive or nice that you have ever said about our team or club. I almost want to buy you a plastic trophy to put on your mantle.

4 Likes

That’s pretty far from the truth, man.
In this ‘perfect world’ you mention, where Stringer is a Dog untouchable because all is ok - he would be worth at LEAST 2 1st rounders.

3 Likes

Lucky I read further, because this is pretty much what I was going to say. The overall shallowness makes pick 11 even more valuable. On top of that, the talent at the top dozen or so picks is pretty even. It’s been said that there’s a pretty even chance for anyone taken in that range this year, to be the best player in a few years time. And on top of that, we have a very clear need for a particular type of player that Stringer has yet to show he can be, but would be the type of player from among the top echelon available at pick 11.

2 Likes

You’re probably right there Deckham. Unfortunately for the dogs, it isn’t the perfect scenario, in fact they’ve pretty much guaranteed a sh!tshow.

3 Likes

THE PACKAGE W/ BAGGAGE is a a great thread title btw

14 Likes

This! Make it so.

Jake Stringer is leaving the Dogs cos Beveridge won’t let him have a cat.

6 Likes