Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Yes to 18yo stringer with no hesitation. Yes to 16yo unbroken-legged Stringer so fast that time might actually revolve backwards.

Current Stringer - well, I haven’t seen much of him at the Dogs and I don’t know the truth of what’s going on with him that led to this point, so it’d depend what we pay. But the talent is there. Really, really there.

3 Likes

HM
TBH your my draft guru. The SEN guy said this years draft pool becomes a puddle after pick 5 or so. What are your thoughts on trading Pick 11 for Stringer. Do you believe we can ■■■■■■ a good inside mid with Pick 11?

Danny Del Re agrees with this.

2 Likes

IIRC HM hasn’t been over the draft much this year, you wanna ask @THE_DON1 hes been watching a lot of games this year and last.

1 Like

Take your goggles off and you may be able to see muppett.

3 Likes

We don’t need to use pick 11 on a mid just cos it’s a shallow draft.
If anything first priority should be to get lever with pick 11.
move Mcgrath into the midfield.
Use second round pick plus a player to get stringer.

Our starting midfield next year will hopefully be
Zerrett
parish
mcgrath
wings
zaka
rotating between tippa, raz and stringer but more likely green/begley.

Nail this trading peiod and preferably get Lever and Stringer, and it sets this club up for a very long time IMO.

Kelly would be awesome, but the price IMO is too much with the other talent on offer now.

@Fidgiputana Yeah, this. I’ve seen a few games this year, and will hopefully be able to catch a bunch of replays before the draft now the renovations etc that were occupying me are nearly done, but @THE_DON1 is a fair bit ahead of me at this point.

YIKES!

I came in with 250+ posts since this morning!

As I don’t have time to read them all, could some kind soul summarise what - if anything - happened?

PACKAGEFEST

1 Like

It’s the ride, not the destination.

6 Likes

Stringer is actually Ben Cousins unless it’s a cunning ruse by one of the dogs, us, Connors, or the AFL, or it’s bull, and several posters enjoy the action thrillers of Matthew Reilly.

8 Likes

Good summary although you forgot Jake Lever

2 Likes

All of the below are potential guns who would suit our needs (clearances/inside-50s), and at least one of which should be available considering there are other names being considered for the top 5, and there are a couple of others who aren’t so much suited to our needs around the mark too:

Hunter Clark
Jaidyn Stephenson
Andrew Brayshaw
Charlie Constable
Lochie O’Brien
Darcy Fogarty
Jack Higgins

@Fidgiputana I think the top 8 or so are the clear standouts maybe one of those 8 slides to 11 idk but if we are going on Stringers talent and leaving out the offield issues I’m trading 11 in a heartbeat. If we do have issues with the offield stuff and think we can get a deal that gets us pick 25 back from them I’m down for that.

Pick 11 in this draft is the sweet spot for Stringer

5 Likes

The off-field stuff can’t be ignored. Whatever it is.

1 Like

Who are your 8 (or so) standouts?

We’d probably pick a Jake Melksham with pick 11.

1 Like

Darcy Fogarty
Jaidyn Stephenson
Cameron Rayner
Paddy Dow
Luke Davies-Uniacke
Adam Cerra
Hunter Clark
Jarrod Brander

Andrew Brayshaw also very close as is Sam Hayes and Lochie O’Brien

3 Likes

No Higgins?

Or Coffield or Constable (who Matt Balmer has ranked at #5 and #6 as of 04Sep)