Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Maybe Connors thinks it’ll get Jackets to up his $, or he’ll nominate Geelong.
We’ll probably have a better idea next week now that the Cats are out.

I reckon it all means jacksh!t

Clueless flogs everywhere.

1 Like

Dunno why anybody would want to go to the cats, Lonergan and Mackie retiring. Taylor is cooked, Hawkins never had it, no picks and nothing coming through. It’s just a matter if the crash comes in 2018 or 19.

10 Likes

Yep, they are right on the edge of the abyss. They will have another huge dip at trade time because they know it’s their last chance to win something for Selwood. Their youth is apalling and they can’t keep topping up every year, sooner or later they have to hit the draft

16 Likes

Granted with the level of journalism in this country, it could just be ■■■■■■ work.

But they contradict their main and only premise.
If he’s confident of getting to geelong and geelong is his destination, why the second bolded bit of “should he choose the cats”.

the whole article is based on the premise he has already choosen the cats. ■■■■■■■ pathetic.

11 Likes

Wut?

Yep. Laughable article. Hasn’t chosen a club but is supposedly confident of getting to the club he hasn’t chosen yet.

6 Likes

Cats recruiting is severely fkd if Stringer & Ablett are their priorities this year. Lonergan & Mackie gone already, Taylor on his last legs leaves their defence in diabolical shape. Hawkins as the lone wolf up forward, that’s why Dangerfield has to be moved there. Menzel ok when it doesn’t matter but likely to move too one would think? They lack severe leg speed & have a midfield built on two superstars with fk all support or youth coming on. None of Stanley or Smith give any consistency in the ruck. They’re about to fall off the cliff IMO. If Stringer wants to go there, which I have my doubts is true, good luck to him.

19 Likes

Beat me to it. Have lost a rediculous amount of their last 10 finals, have an aging list held up by pretty much 2 superstars and no young stars coming through.
Us on other hand have just had three players named AA average age 23-24, a NAB rising star winner and spongy floors

10 Likes

I reckon the output from Selwood will start to drop off next year. He has to hit the wall eventually playing his style of game for as long as he has. He’ll be 30 before the halfway point of next season.

Barret,McCluer and now Ralph all saying Geelong.

Lets face It we aren’t getting him.

and one of their biggest isuses is they already have a team full of players who don’t turn up and assume selwood and danger will get them over the line every week.

Why would you want a guy who his previous club is saying that’s one of his biggest issues atm, not preparing for games in a professional manner.

Throw in ablett and hopefully it become a 3 team person with the same results.

Thats the problem with paying such high price for your top end talent like they have, the bottom end is such a drop off, and those bottom 6 odd players are the ones you need to stand up in finals.

I hope it all falls apart for them next year, with or without stringer.

I still reckon we’ve got someone else lined up.
I’m not going to be crying if we miss out on Stringer. I might be if we get on-one, but there is a lot to play out

we wont get anyone. just accept it and move on.

10 Likes

Say Geelong or barracking for Geelong?

1 Like

Yep.

I’ve accepted that we wont be getting Stringer a couple of days ago and I don’t have much confidence in the club getting anyone else based on previous years.

Welcome to Esendon Stuart Crameri and Lachlan Hansen :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Stringer isn’t what we need, would be nice to get on top of getting something to fill an actual need, but is not the end of the world if we don’t.

Raz has already been better than him th last two seasons for mine.

6 Likes

Am I the on,y person in here who hopes like hell he nominates Geelong on Monday?

He is a flog of the highest order who is ridiculously inconsistent and injury prone and everyone e is desperate for him as if he was Shiel or Kelly.

2 Likes

That isn’t unreasonable. Should be focused on an established very good mid. And a ball magnet tearing it up in second tier. Our forward line ■■■■■■■ rocks.

1 Like

I’m starting to hate Geelong. It will get worse if Stringer nominates them.

3 Likes