Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

I know for a fact.

2 Likes

Spongy

NEWS BREAKER

I just think that it’s a poorly written article that is trying to say that Geelong poor draft picks will not be a reason to stop Stringer getting there!

Welcome to the club.

Circle jerk.

1 Like

You know one of them makes up something and the others all copy, right? No strength of knowledge in numbers here.

1 Like

The bottom 5-6 of Geelongs best 22 is a real problem for them as well. It’s really bottom 4 material. As others have said they have way too much reliance on their top 4-5.

Aim for mustangs and end up with Daewoo Cielo’s

1 Like

Well said
I’d rather keep our draft pick/players

1 Like

Yeah cause that’s worked for the past 15 years.

2 Likes

If we can’t get Stringer or any other elite talent then go to the draft we don’t need to top up with a Crameri, Our list is still in a good shape going into next season.

IMO we have already improved with the retirements of Watson, Hocking and Stanton, We have plenty of kids ready to show if they can make it in Langford, Laverde, Francis, Begley, Mutch, Ridley, Redman. We just need Woosh to stop being conservative and throw the kids in .

We can’t get that big fish bad luck, We’ll go to the draft pick 11 is a good pick we get the best available inside mid with a bit of toe and move on.

The CBA came at the wrong time for us all the guns got signed up as clubs had the resources to, Next year will be a much bigger talent pool IMO.

A riskier strategy would be to trade our pick 11 this year for picks next year to help with landing 2 or 3 big talents next year.

Put it this way we aren’t going to fall off the cliff next year we will improve no doubt.

6 Likes

I heard a whisper Stewart Crameri might be heading to the Cats.

2 Likes

Basically, the 2018 best 22 gets Laverde, Francis and Langford injected into it. Good times. McGrath gets midfield time. This years draft is just a cherry on top thing if we pull a best 22 player day 1.

5 Likes

If geelong turned pick 20 and pick 33 into ablett and stringer it would be a big win yet i just don’t know how sustainable this trading all your picks strategy is

1 Like

Does last nights result help or hurt our chances with JS?

Neither i would have thought. But he might nominate his preferred club a week earlier.

Very good point. Any advantage we had in being ‘cashed up’ this trade period was eroded by the other clubs being able offer players more due to the CBA increase.

1 Like

Thats not entirely true, we are one of only 3 clubs who dont have automatic increases for CBA in our contracts.

Anyone note gfc head of opps saying - we haven’t even thought about trades yet???