Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Me to actually.

Give it time, give it time. You’ll understand.

4 Likes

Watching Martin stand up and shrug off 3 tacklers at once… time to get Stringer to this club.

5 Likes

I’m shocked this thread has been so active… so much faith put into a couple of posters who are no doubt being fed the best possible outcome by over confident ‘inner sanctum’ types.

Stringer wants Geelong and has made that pretty ■■■■■■ clear. The only question will be trade value… but Geelong has a way of getting things done. I doubt there will be an issue. Dogs have done themselves out of any bargaining power by announcing it the way they have. If they try to block it… he will threaten a cam mccarthey and the dogs get nothing.

I try to pretent I’m not going to get sucked in every trade week… but I know I will. I’d really love to land a big fish… in fact I’d love to land any fish that isn’t carp… but our history shows we just don’t do it. Hird alone was responsible for Goddard and we just don’t have the star power.

let stringer suffer in his jocks though… we are going to be so awesome next year and I reckon cats are heading for a hawks like cliff…

So that’s why no player wants to come play for us.

Yeah, nah.

Not unless we improve considerably during the off-season by bringing in some big talent.

Dodoro extracting his digit this off-season is the only hope we have on improving on this season and I don’t think a lot of supporters have a lot of faith in that happening.

When and where did he say that? Please don’t quote one of the best in the business journalists unless they in turn had a direct quote from Stringer and I missed it.

4 Likes

Bottom 6?
The bottom 20 of geelong’s 22 is a real problem.

7 Likes

I’m not one to believe things just cos.
But if you can’t see what the media is doing , then you’re blind. He may well and up at Geelong, he may well have already picked them, but no one in the media know foe certain, and just like the small fine print in contracts, they always have a thrown away line that they can fall back on and claim oh I technically never said such and such.

They are all wanting to be first with the news so if he does and up at Geelong, they can turn around and say see i told ya.

And then people will believe they always have the best and right news , neglecting the fact they have prolly been wrong 20 times to that one time they were.

Nothing that’s been said about stringer as of yet imo has been based in any fact, merely egos of journals trying to be first in , if something happens.

Remember how hardis wanted to be first in with lyokn to Collingwood??
Yeah journals never make stuff up or fill in the dots and get it wrong

I wasn’t necessarily for giving pick 11 for stringer , but after last night as you say, if they could get him to the club and get him right mentally and physically, watch out.

I know he doesn’t necessarily fit a direct need however …
He is quality when up and firing, and as critical as I’ve been of getting Martin, you can build a team around him , which is what I think we could do with stringer.

He could offer so much flexibility.
You could move hooker back and have him , jd and stewart as the bigger fowards.
Hooker Hurley and Ambrose down back allows McGrath to move into the midfield more.

If you want hooker to stay forward, then he can rotate between forward and mid with tippa and raz.

Opens up so many possibilities getting him , imo that it’s worth the price now of paying over.

Still would need to find some players to do more of the grunt/defensive work, but would go along way to making us better if we got stringer

3 Likes

I’m with you that the media bias is significant when propagating Geelong as the destination club and Essendon as hard to deal with.

Fits their narrative. They are after all story tellers.

3 Likes

I can’t wait until next year when Stringer will be fending off cnts and dominating in a prelim to propel us into the grand final

10 Likes

Without having to scroll back through the thread, what I’m reading is it’s between Geelong and Essendon, with Geelong being favoured by the media or by Stringer?

Sunday. When people like Barrett and Stevens get the chance to put out more rubbish.

3 Likes

Based on what’s happened so far he won’t be naming a club till the first day of trade period, Connors will have it on trade radio as a big breaking news segment.

1 Like

He has been speaking to Essendon for 18 months. I’m not sure he’s even spoken to Geelong, if he has, only recently.

Whether that plays out as his final destination, who knows. But we are clubhouse leaders.

9 Likes

We won’t be a destination club until we start winning finals.

2 Likes

Get in the hole! ah, never be the get in the hole guy. Hope he chooses us and if so confident we get it done quick >> unless dogs demands are nuts… if 11 is it i don’t think we’ll be looking to make a big song and dance at all, the crammers deal from way back seems pretty low on any possible Essendon revenge list… which when you think about it is a very long and complicated ■■■■■■ list!

We won’t be a Destination Club until we’re a destination club. And have Destination Club cards. With points and stuff.

7 Likes