Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Is it fanciful to suggest that Stringer purposefully blew up in the end of year meeting? Let’s just say that he has wanted to leave all year - wouldn’t almost making his position untenable be a good way to leave the club?

8 Likes

So it’s clearly about the cash for Jake?

I wonder if every North Melbourne player pitch starts with “How do you feel about irrelevance and demountables?”

2 Likes

If we want Stringer, the worst thing to do would be to have him feel that we only want him if we can’t get Kelly.

If we want him and he’s gettable, go 100%.

3 Likes

Cash would definitely play a part especially if it’s a once in a lifetime deal. North for example will be millions under the cap so have to spend it on someone. There are clubs dumb enough to give $500k plus a year deals to Vickery and Mayne so it’s fully possible North could throw a mill a year at him

1 Like

Given Geelong said Ablett deal wont happen does this mean they’re in the frame for Stringer?

They need him more than we do so you’d think they’d be offering more $ and use next year’s first round which crystal balling may be lower than ours.

North also could give Goldstein as part of the deal and pay half his salary as a sweetner given their cap room

Sounds like us TBH

4 Likes

“We’ll pay you a million dollars a year, but you’d need to be coached by Brad Scott. We’re willing to pay you more for that inconvenience”

11 Likes

I hope DODORO and MERV are reading this thread.

#blitzlistmanagers

2 Likes

watch us not get stringer.

4 Likes

Guy from work who is/was/has been wrong about nearly trade over the last 5 years, has heard nothing about Stringer to Essendon.

MOMENTUM

31 Likes

I’ve never seen a more positive person.

2 Likes

The thing about Connors is he will go where he believes the long term value is. And he knows that at Essendon he could secure a kings term contract and clip the ticket on all those lucrative Essendon family deals on the side. Saints and North just don’t have the extra $ floating around outside the club.

Throw in a good connection from youth, a rising side with lots of promise and we could seriously be in this hunt.

Also with kelly being attached to Connors too he would have a very good idea about what’s being offered accords the board and may look for a super deal Kelly Stringer double keep his mantra of getting players flags.

Interesting time ahead. Hopefully we end up the bride and not the bridesmaid.

3 Likes

Hopefully it will pay that we bit our tongue and showed integrity through the saga where Connors clearly took advantage of our predicament.

In my mind this deal and the Kelly one are almost over the line.

12 Likes

Our forwardline X factor will be huge with stringer

• already got daniher, fanta and tippa there.

would go close to best forwardline in the comp.

We’d certainly be one of the most exciting teams to watch in the competition

Opposition fans already love TIPPA and Raz, and secretly love JD even if won’t admit it. Add Stringer in and the highlight reel will be long each game.

2 Likes

I completely agree with this. Exactly how I feel. I think that Connors understands the long-term value is at Essendon.

1 Like

The package and jackets were having coffee together this morning at 747 cafe in keiĺor park drive Tullamarine ! Ummm interesting

45 Likes