Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Well I don’t see how they play hardball now.

4 Likes

Surely we’re in the box seat to get him Essendon have liked him since he played for the Bendigo Bombers. I feel like other clubs like Geelong are coming late to the party.

Pick 11 is the sweet spot.

Cats cant match it, and surely no-one will offer a top 10?

Id take that his best is elite

5 Likes

Reckon he’s going to smash it next season will want to stick one up the Doggies.

When a coach says that trading his player is necessary as a duty of care to the rest of the group, he is conceding that getting a first round pick for him is not going to happen. Anyone who reads his comments and wants to part with 11 are kidding themselves. 25 and a player maybe.

14 Likes

theres something a bit off about all this.

you dont tell a premiership player/ leading goal kicker to fark off if the only substantial issues are commitment and struggles of being a parent.

its a bit disconcerting how keen the bulldogs are to move him on. im getting a bit sceptical.

11 Likes

I like Beveridge and he wouldn’t be moving Stringer on if he didn’t think the issues he has are impacting negatively on the team. I think the risk this highlights needs to be factored into the trade value, which should be around #16-20 for a talented player who has had 2 quite poor seasons; and you’d want to hear a convincing argument from Jake what has changed in his life that will allow 100% commitment.

1 Like

That’s not how it really works. It’s not about which club offers the best deal to the dogs.

4 Likes

Flat out bizarre. “He’s got issues and we think the group is better off without him, he needs to go. But the other clubs better treat him with the respect he deserves re a trade value”.

Lol, Ok then.

34 Likes

Exactly. Plus pick 11 for us is extremely important. If the cards miraculously fall our way, we’ll need it as a part of a Kelly trade. If Kelly stays or chooses another destination, we’ll need it to tempt Gaff, again if that falls through, we’ll need it to get a midfield bull in the draft like Charlie Constable (if he’s still available).

Point is, pick 11 we’ll need it to bolster our midfield with. The doggies can bugger off.

2 Likes

Uhhh yes it is. That’s exactly hoe it played out with Caddy, he wanted us, we wanted him mediation didn’t deliver as our best was pick 19 I recall. Richmond guzzumped us.

It’s all about the Tin Rattlers getting the best deal they cam, he is after all in contract and their player.

Pick 11.

If the Dogs are being stubborn will add 28

Pick 11 for an AA at 23 is fair. Anything less is humiliating for Stringer and as much as I hate to say it for the Tin Rattlers.

1 Like

Gold Coast didn’t want to lose Caddy and never approached him about wanting to trade him. They were shocked and angry when he informed them he wanted to leave and then made things worse by nominating a specific club. Not a good example.

1 Like

Second rounder + one of Leuenberger/Hartley/Redman.

1 Like

2nd rounder + Langford

7 Likes

I reckon if we want him then we will need to be prepared to part with pick 11. And, frankly, we should be - the chances of getting a player of Stringer’s quality in any draft - let alone a reportedly weak one - are very slim.

6 Likes

Yep agree.

You’re kidding the lad is an AA at age 23, you cant get him with steak knives. if we don’t play this right from the start we will end up getting guzzumped by Saints who have 2 top 10 picks.

Don’t understand how most her want him and think the Tin Rattlers will roll over and get screwed.

Do the dogs, offer a third round and then last day act like your doing them a favour and up it to a second.

2 Likes