Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Regardless of what people who haven’t seen VFL think, Long has improved.

4 Likes

No way in hell a 2nd and 3rd round pick will get it done. By the time FA compo is dealt out our Pick 11 might shift to Pick 14-15 or thereabouts. A late 1st rounder for Stringer is a no-brainer. If we ■■■■ this up and some pissant club like St.Kilda or North come in and trump us I’ll be livid. No way if Gaff leaving the Eagles, so that is a waste of time…

5 Likes

Now that he’s got a premiership, looks Connors is willing to send him to a club where that’s not very likely.

1 Like

That article was the most bizarre thing that I’ve seen. Why the fark would Stringer want to play there? Beveridge basically threw him off a bus.

1 Like

Disagree I’ve read elsewhere he’s open to leaving Eagles so we shall see

2 Likes

Massive if we can pull this off, if he can get back to his 2015 form we are in for a treat!

He’s going to GWS?

1 Like

Any idea if he is considering any other teams, Fog?

What makes us appealing to him?

Is it because we are closer to his family? We are offering more money? He wants to play for a big Melbourne team?

Also any idea who we may look at in FA? I’m assuming midfielders will be a high priority?

Doggie supporter at work was devistated. I laughed and laughed and laughed, till I couldn’t laugh any more!

I’m not a good person.

25 Likes

Stringer for our first pick.
Libber for our second pick.
Rockliff free agent?

Hold up the cup in Sept!!

What would it take to get Gaff, Pick 11? Just trade next year’s 1st rounder. WCE might think we will be worse than this year and cash in, who knows? With Kelly apparently signed up by GWS we can use the future pick on something else.

1 Like

Not sure WC would want to trade him.

1 Like

FINISH HIM

26 Likes

I did, and tonight I’m going to finish myself!

1 Like

My thoughts would be Disco would toss up pick 11 and maybe somebody like Myers or Colyer, both of whom are WA boys or possibly a swap of later picks plus 11.

Well this got very interesting. Reading between the lines of the reliable posters on here.

-Stringer is very keen on us, and we are confident of getting him.
-we want to use pick 11 elsewhere, where that is we don’t know yet

Pick 11 could be used in a deal for anyone but at a guess either
-Kelly
-lever
-gaff

Wipe Kelly off that list

1 Like

I assumed that pick 11 is needed for the draft as we may have our eye on the midfielder we need there. Picks 2&3 for trade for stringer. And subsequent picks for upgrading draper and long.

2 Likes

hmm fair enough after re-reading I think you are correct

The delusion over on the doggies bigfooty forum is hilarious if you need a break from the mild blitz craziness.