Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

They definitely can’t go asking for a 1st rounder now

@jaycee mentioned Dogs players been playing baseball on forum.

Have to wonder if he one of those who on 2 strikes

lol, what a cluster**** that sounds like. I almost wish I was still listening to SEN regularly. Could have interesting repercussions for all parties. (err, no pun intended).

For nothing?
No, including him in a deal to get a 21 year old who just made the AA squad.
A known quantity V a bloke who’s shown a bit in the VFL

1 Like

Yeah it was interesting and concerning listening

He could be recently single because of the drug habit though. Big decision to leave you’re partner since age 13, 3 weeks after the birth of your second child.

I dont know. I was warming to the idea of brining him in but if he’s drug farked that’s a whole new ball game.

3 Likes

Stringer is a pathetic junkie.

4th round pick should do it.

18 Likes

Could we be learning from the use of phone calls on SEN?

Big call if he is, would be he’d to find out, he is not the only one at the dogs.

1 Like

If he’s not Cuz like then we definitely need him. Not only is he a fun, but he has the "nasty C streak " in him that our current list lacks.

Must have been deliberate by SEN to let it go to air. They all run on a slight delay and have a button to kill a period of time should someone sware or go into territory where they could be sued.

3 Likes

Forget Kellypalooza it’s the Summer of Stringstock

9 Likes

Only concerning if you’re niave enough to think that it’s wasn’t happening and/or doesn’t happen at every club play some level.
I said from the outset that I wasn’t interested in the level of risk for Pick 11. Would take him for junk or steak knives as per Freo and Bennell.

Dogs via the AFL station justifying their decision to release him?

And further undermining their trade position? I doubt it. The blokes biggest gripe was that nobody in the media will actually call it out.

2 Likes

Right you are.

Interesting times

Which probably means he is a guy who I running on rumours rather than fact

Can anyone link that David King article on Stringer in the Herald?

1 Like

This has got Liz Lukin written all over it.

Find out why the AFL want his trade value dropped. That’ll be why that call was made and aired.

9 Likes

I’ve never been a huge fan, thought he was overrated and blew hot & cold far too often in games.
His All Australian year was 2 years ago and his performance in the Grand Final (finals in general) was poor. Form can be fleeting… (Shane Woewodin)
He’s not currently worth pick 11 on form, so we’ll be trading on “potential”. Albeit, potential previously exposed at this level. Then there’s the “issues” to factor in.
Given his position/role is not a pressing need for the team, paying our first pick would be a bad move.
We need to use our top picks on trading for quality in areas we need ( i.e Lever), or continually going to draft for the highest quality available.

If we can get the mid and tall defender, I’d be more ok with getting Stringer.
Rockliff as Free Agent, Jake Lever (pick 11 and next years 2nd) or Aliir Aliir (no idea on price), Stringer for (2nd and 3rd pick).
Not sure what the limits are on trading high picks anymore though…

2 Likes

We actually dont need his type, need a bull of a inside mid