Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

thread needs more Rockliff talk

1 Like

Wasn’t he a mid in juniors before the leg break? Thought I read HM say he was a mid as a junior

Gary Ablett Snr.

The Springer scenario smells something like when the Tiges tried to off load Dusty. Didn’t happen for whatever reason and now it’s a match made in heaven. Moral of the story … Stringer’s probably going nowhere (at least that’s one possible scenario)

So is it an unknown known or a known unknown ?

As long as we don’t use the same vetting processes as Richmond used when they traded for Chris Yarran.

7 Likes

Nah, Tigers never said they were over

2 Likes

fucken hell i’ve missed off-season blitz

THREAD DELIVERS

5 Likes

I dont know!

Now THIS could get interesting, Jerry!

1 Like

Caveat Emptor!

edit: it’s all been said

Prior to his leg break he was that much better than everyone else he played wherever the hell he liked. The Hird role, if you like.

After coming back from the leg break I saw him play chf (with the odd run in the middle) for Vic Country, and I’m pretty sure he even played off halfback once when he was 23rd man for the Bendigo bombers in the vfl. Did it well too.

Once he got to the dogs, it was all forward, all the time, because that’s what the dogs wanted him to become. Dogs have inside midfielders like an actual dog has fleas, but they haven’t had a kpf worth a damn since Simon Beasley.

14 Likes

Might have something to do with another Libba…

4 Likes

King Oath! This draft and develope policy is cool but let’s get some balance. 11 would be more than fair. Back the players and coaching staff to steer Stringer in the right direction. We did well with Green and can do it again.

11 is not more than fair. A club that won the Priemiership 12 months ago thinks they are a better chance to win again without him than with him. Doesn’t cry out as a top 11 pick to me.

3 Likes

In true Essendon trade style, we’ll offer Jackson Merrett and Pick 83 for Stringer.

10 Likes

Just like that time we offered Cale Hooker and pick 19 for Josh Caddy. We are just so hard to deal with…

Do you’re a yes?

My word is the Dogs have no intention of trading him and that all this talk is designed to give him a fair dinkum wake up call. Couple this with the apparently well documented view that EFC are not easy to deal with and it is my bet absolutely nothing will happen. Or even less.