James Hird — January 2017 onwards

James looks really happy in that photo, doesn’t he?

3 Likes

Totally get what you are saying and agree totally with your point of view.
I’m just not surprised with the garbage he is peddling.

Francis Leach is another one of The Toffsiders that I find to be a pretentious git.

Actually thinking about it I need my head read for actually watching that show each Sunday morning.

1 Like

Whateley lite. Has the pious tone down pat but without the same reach and exposure

1 Like

From Rob Shaw’s Facebook

Robert Shaw
3 hours ago
I will be there for JH5 and family if he returns to footy. SUPER player- maybe a great coach. At THAT time, poor as leader/decision maker. I was angry that the club was harmed. His mentors: weak and gutless. He paid a huge price. He will lift and rebuild. NOT at EFC. Return in time. Enough is enough.
Robert Shaw 3/3/18

21 Likes

Hate to think of him being at any other club. But if it happens Freo is ok , the best possibility. Just want him to be happy. Love our team, and Woosha is fine in my books, but I no longer feel anything for the efc.

2 Likes
1 Like

Fark off, ya angry little boy.

21 Likes

Enemies become friends

6 Likes

Sanctimonious fucktard

8 Likes

C’mon guys, you’re all the same ones that in other circumstances would be saying “these articles are softening the public because it’s going to happen”…

Yes, plenty in the industry are fuckwits (including Clarko), but a guy like Clarkson saying this can only be a good thing for Hirdy.

8 Likes

Whatever it takes.

I don’t like Clarkson much but he is doing the right thing here. It’s great that he is speaking up for James because there will be many, many fuckwits who won’t… and I reckon, if he does return to footy, he will need as much support as he can get.
I would love to see Hirdy invoved in afl again… Seems pretty obvious that it won’t be at Essendon - so I really hope if he does come back it is at Freo.

6 Likes
29 Likes

James Hird would have taken this club to a premiership had we stuck with him.

We didn’t.

He will be involved in more premierships… just won’t be with us. We only have ourselves to blame.

21 Likes

Leethal on point there.

1 Like

I made the mistake of reading the tweets under this. Humanity is full of farkwits.

7 Likes

Is a very young man. Would not surprise if he becomes an administrator/chairperson etc for EFC in the future. Still many happy chapters ahead for the James Hird/Essendon story IMO.

1 Like

I can’t do it to myself. I’ll get angry.

2 Likes

All part of a grand plan to build a strong relationship with Fyfe before bringing him back to Tullamarine where he reassumes the head coach role and we win back to back premierships… Nothing to see here

3 Likes

What great news, and if true that coaches are sympathetic to Hirdy they are the best vehicle for moving public opinion. So happy for James which ever way he goes. It’s been a long road.

Hope Shaw is right that James will one day be back at the club. Wouldn’t that be something special if he coached our club again.

4 Likes