James Hird — January 2017 onwards

It’s not bad listening but this Ralph bloke seems like a bit of a tool.

1 Like

Used to be a producer at C9, including the Footy Show way back when .

For me, podcasts are replacing the radio… I have a handful of favourites that I love listening to when I take the dog for a walk - CrawfHird is now one of them. Lovin’ it.

2 Likes

Got into podcasts in the last few months and like them a lot. Just started listening to Crawf:Hird episode 1, and it’s so pleasing to hear Hirdy, and him sounding just normal and ok about life. Sounds like it’ll be an honest and serious assessment of football, and themselves, and life in general, but with a good dose of humour as needed. Probably need the Ralph bloke to keep things on track.

4 Likes

Did I miss the comments about Hird Jr not getting a full pre-season?!?

needs more hutchy for rolo to get on board.

5 Likes

On the LTI with a broken leg. It’s all a ploy by jackets to keep father/son point bidding at a minimum.

1 Like

Just listened to the first 2 episodes. I’m hooked. Great insight into so many different aspects of footy - and life in general. Must say, it’s good to hear Crawf actually getting back to what he knows and loves. I’d forgotgen how much sense he can speak when he’s not being a total buffoon.

And Hirdy, great to have you back. Intelligent, witty, honest, insightful.
But, best of all, sounding like he’s in a good place.

16 Likes

It’s no Blitzcast.

Yep, replace KB and Doc.

Anything else footy related worth listening to?

Episode 5 is up! Woohoo!

Not much, but RSN in the mornings has no bullshiit footy talk with lengthy interviews without the manufactured hype and sickining back-slapping.

3 Likes

I’ve just finished listening to the 2nd episode on the way to work this morning and I think it’s great stuff. I love the way it meanders from serious and insightful footy talk to funny anecdotes, usually at their own expense, to serious talk on non-footy stuff. Makes it very interesting. After all his years playing the clown on the Footy Show, I’d forgotten that Crawf was actually capable of insightful comments. Made my trip to work fly by.

4 Likes

Essendon review
Hirdy and Crawford seemed both concerned about our inside mid capabilities this year. Especially against last years top 4 teams - Crows/Swans/Tigers
Crawford loves Merrett, McGRath and Parish, but feels they need to recruit a inside bull, said that Ollie wines would fit perfectly and Essendon should be throwing the kitchen sink at him as he is out of contract at the end of year.
Hird was Bullish on Myers. And said Stinger would only be used sporadically in the midfield as his tank wasnt up to it just yet. And Devon Smith will have a good opportunity to play lots of midfield time this year,

1 Like

Wonder how long the perceived Myers upside will stay in front of this actual output

1 Like

This is what the footy show was all about years ago when it was still watchable. Decent football insight and good humoured laughs at each others expense.

3 Likes

Problem with Myers is that it takes him so long to get the ball on his boot.Not great for a midfielder.

Nice to see that the club is using Gemba in it’s survey and data analysis.

13 Likes

GEMBA

3 Likes