James Hird — January 2017 onwards

On 3aw with TonyJones just after the 11.00 news, Allan Hird had a right of reply to Smith's absurd set of excuses yesterday. It was an excellent exercise in saying what he believed without being cut off by Jones.

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/3aw-mornings-neil-mitchell-podcasts-20141214-126t1z.html

Starts at the 1:29:08 mark of the “3AW Mornings with Tony Jones, January 19” podcast.

Edit: Did raise my eyebrows when he said he hasn’t been down to Melbourne to visit his son yet. People deal with things in different ways I suppose.

Id say there is a good reason he has not been yet. Take it from someone who has been at rock bottom before, you don’t want to see anyone, you feel ashamed to be seen by anyone actually. All you want to do is wrap yourself in a cocoon away from the rest of the world, and yes often from family member’s as you don’t want them to see you in that state and bring them down. I am sure Alan will visit when the time is right, and as he said he is in constant contact with those he needs to be.

The best thing any of us can do at the moment for Hirdy is to support the J34 group in trying to get a senate inquiry happening. If you have not signed the partition and shared. Please think about doing it.

You are absolutely correct. Seeing too many people, particularly family, can actually plummet the person into even deeper parts of themselves, a dark hole that's hard to climb out of. Usually the facility, won't allow anyone except closest family and then only supervised visits for a short time, for that very reason. And; yes I do speak from my own experience.
Still what Sheedy suggests is the AFL is at fault.

Spot on. If they had implemented what Sheeds suggested 10 years ago, we may not be where we are today. (No guarantees though.)
You can’t coach at the highest levels in soccer without the proper coaching certificates, but for some reason we don’t have that in footy.

It’s all good. Clarko has all the certificates and he’s a sparkling example of a human being.

The AFL does have an accreditation system for coaches. I thought that Sheedy was pushing for prior assistant coach experience as part of the accreditation at elite level.

Still what Sheedy suggests is the AFL is at fault.

Spot on. If they had implemented what Sheeds suggested 10 years ago, we may not be where we are today. (No guarantees though.)
You can’t coach at the highest levels in soccer without the proper coaching certificates, but for some reason we don’t have that in footy.

It’s all good. Clarko has all the certificates and he’s a sparkling example of a human being.

Yes I’ve heard he eats a lot of silver and paper.

I seem to remember in late 2007 (after Sheeds finished coaching us and Hridy playing) that there was an article where Sheeds was suggesting that we appoint James as our senior coach for 2008. We obviously went with Matthew Knights for a few years and then Hirdy. The rest is (a very sad) history. Seems to contradict what Sheeds is saying now. Not having a go at the great man but it is always easier to be wiser in hindsight.

I seem to remember in late 2007 (after Sheeds finished coaching us and Hridy playing) that there was an article where Sheeds was suggesting that we appoint James as our senior coach for 2008. We obviously went with Matthew Knights for a few years and then Hirdy. The rest is (a very sad) history. Seems to contradict what Sheeds is saying now. Not having a go at the great man but it is always easier to be wiser in hindsight.

I thought he wanted Hird to be his assistant so he could mentor him. Hird was showing no interest.

Can we the supporters buy him and Tania a trip to the Maldives?

Get him one of those floaty housey things.

For the sake of the AFL's image he completely ignores the deliberate actions of Vlad, Evans, Fitzpatrick, and polo boy to manafacture an outcome and pervert the course of justice.

It was their actions at the start of the saga, and their ability to direct a handful of journalists to promote their preconceived outcome, that has led to this unsatisfactory situation.

Patrick Smith is toy of the AFL.

A journalistic stool.

Fixed

I actually remember that. He was keen for Hird to coach one day and said Jim would be good at it. Jim seemed to brush it off.

For the sake of the AFL's image he completely ignores the deliberate actions of Vlad, Evans, Fitzpatrick, and polo boy to manafacture an outcome and pervert the course of justice.

It was their actions at the start of the saga, and their ability to direct a handful of journalists to promote their preconceived outcome, that has led to this unsatisfactory situation.

A journalistic stool.

Fixed

And a journalistic stool is invariably an AGB. Messy profession

A journalistic stool.

Fixed

For the sake of the AFL’s image he completely ignores the deliberate actions of Vlad, Evans, Fitzpatrick, and polo boy to manafacture an outcome and pervert the course of justice.

A journalistic stool.

“Polo Boy” = what a pi55a! simple yet brilliant!

I actually remember that. He was keen for Hird to coach one day and said Jim would be good at it. Jim seemed to brush it off.

For years Hird said he didn’t want to coach. Then he was talked into it by people who believed that because he’d been a great player, he’d be a great coach.

For years Hird said he didn’t want to coach. Then he was talked into it by people who believed that because he’d been a great player, he’d be a great coach.

This keeps getting repeated ad nauseam.
The truth is, he was talked into it by people who believed he’d be a great coach. Qualifying it with ‘because he was a great player’ is msm-style rubbish, and belittles many who were in far better positions to make that call than random Blitz forum-posters.

I think those people may have been pretty close
to right.

On 3aw with TonyJones just after the 11.00 news, Allan Hird had a right of reply to Smith's absurd set of excuses yesterday. It was an excellent exercise in saying what he believed without being cut off by Jones.

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/3aw-mornings-neil-mitchell-podcasts-20141214-126t1z.html

Starts at the 1:29:08 mark of the “3AW Mornings with Tony Jones, January 19” podcast.

Edit: Did raise my eyebrows when he said he hasn’t been down to Melbourne to visit his son yet. People deal with things in different ways I suppose.

Id say there is a good reason he has not been yet. Take it from someone who has been at rock bottom before, you don’t want to see anyone, you feel ashamed to be seen by anyone actually. All you want to do is wrap yourself in a cocoon away from the rest of the world, and yes often from family member’s as you don’t want them to see you in that state and bring them down. I am sure Alan will visit when the time is right, and as he said he is in constant contact with those he needs to be.

The best thing any of us can do at the moment for Hirdy is to support the J34 group in trying to get a senate inquiry happening. If you have not signed the partition and shared. Please think about doing it.

You are absolutely correct. Seeing too many people, particularly family, can actually plummet the person into even deeper parts of themselves, a dark hole that's hard to climb out of. Usually the facility, won't allow anyone except closest family and then only supervised visits for a short time, for that very reason. And; yes I do speak from my own experience.
I agree. You could be talking to your best mate and not realise he was dying inside his mind but still he would hide it from his friends and family.

Just heard X interviewed on Sen. Said the club contacted Patrick Smith to express how displeased they were with his most recent hatchet job.

Nice to know but late in announcing it

Nice to know but late in announcing it

How ■■■■■■■ hard are some people to please?

Just heard X interviewed on Sen. Said the club contacted Patrick Smith to express how displeased they were with his most recent hatchet job.

Should send him a Essendon Jersey, that will make him our friend*

*Yes I’m still bitter

Good to hear that something has been said by the club.