James Hird — January 2017 onwards

Nice to know but late in announcing it

Well X was having a holiday ( great idea. Why didnt he have a holiday in the middle of the season ?)
So who knows when he made contact, and what chances he had to announce it previously?

Well X was having a holiday ( great idea. Why didnt he have a holiday in the middle of the season ?)
So who knows when he made contact, and what chances he had to announce it previously?

Why does he even have to announce it? He’s done it. That’s all that matters surely.

The Club doesn’t need to provide commentary on every single friggen thing that it does - especially when the thing relates to a matter that the affected parties have asked to remain private.

X: Patrick, we were unhappy with that article on Hird
Smith: ok. How are you going X?
X: yeah pretty good mate, yourself?
And so on and so forth

Haven’t listened to Xs interview as its on SEN however going by a quote on the twiterphere it seems young X could have been stronger by saying Fatpricks opinion peice was not only badly timed but also factually incorrect and he wouldn’t line his bird cage with it.

Then id be happier

Also keep in mind there’s maybe a dozen tops people that care

Also keep in mind there's maybe a dozen tops people that care

I agree.

Those that care ARE top people. Much more noble than those apathetic people.

Why does he even have to announce it? He’s done it. That’s all that matters surely.

The Club doesn’t need to provide commentary on every single friggen thing that it does - especially when the thing relates to a matter that the affected parties have asked to remain private.

What a load of ■■■■

We have a half arsed journalist who is disgracefully abusing / defaming a great former player and coach of ours in the public former, at his lowest point and at the behest of the AFL, and the only real advisory he has is the EFC, yet we have been silent publicly.

About farking time the club made a statement and it should have been a darn load more categorical than the limp lettuce X used.

I have been a massive fan of X and understand the need to mend bridges with the AFL and their cronies but what they have said about Hird over the past 2 weeks has been beyond disgraceful and EFC should have made a much stronger public statement on behalf of our former champion immediately

complete overreaction, its not defamatory or abusive… it is an opinion held by many and is to some extent correct… timing wise its incredibly insensitive, but Im not sure the club needs to make a statement to let the public know that an insensitive article is insensitive

complete overreaction, its not defamatory or abusive... it is an opinion held by many and is to some extent correct... timing wise its incredibly insensitive, but Im not sure the club needs to make a statement to let the public know that an insensitive article is insensitive

No, the club needed to rake a stance on behalf of a champion who has stumbled. Saying nothing invites only further attacks.

The club hasn’t had a spine since McMahon left and it sure as hell won’t develop one with Campbell in charge

complete overreaction, its not defamatory or abusive... it is an opinion held by many and is to some extent correct... timing wise its incredibly insensitive, but Im not sure the club needs to make a statement to let the public know that an insensitive article is insensitive

No, the club needed to rake a stance on behalf of a champion who has stumbled. Saying nothing invites only further attacks.

you assume that people care when they release these statements

What a load of ■■■■

We have a half arsed journalist who is disgracefully abusing / defaming a great former player and coach of ours in the public former, at his lowest point and at the behest of the AFL, and the only real advisory he has is the EFC, yet we have been silent publicly.

About farking time the club made a statement and it should have been a darn load more categorical than the limp lettuce X used.

I have been a massive fan of X and understand the need to mend bridges with the AFL and their cronies but what they have said about Hird over the past 2 weeks has been beyond disgraceful and EFC should have made a much stronger public statement on behalf of our former champion immediately

Four years ago, I said that one of the reasons Vlad chose EFC as the scapegoat is that this club has always been spineless and never has stood up to the AFL, or to the VFL before that.

FFS!
Saga thread!

I actually thought there’d been an update on Hird’s health.

FFS! Saga thread!

I actually thought there’d been an update on Hird’s health.

Another saga thread is still better than another pun thread though

Tania Hird: “At this time, James and the Hird family are in need of privacy. “We ask that this privacy be respected."

I guess some people have a different definition of ‘privacy’ to me.

I can’t see how a public slanging match between the Club and that ■■■■■■■■ Smith would do anything other than contribute more to the public discussion of Hird. Now I’m not James Hird’s doctor, but I doubt that would be a good thing.

But I would hope and expect that X ripped Smith a new one. Just not via some media statement. I’m sure the conversation, one on one with Smith, was a lot more direct than some carefully worded statement in the media.

Four years ago, I said that one of the reasons Vlad chose EFC as the scapegoat is that this club has always been spineless and never has stood up to the AFL, or to the VFL before that.

Showed the VFA but.

Tania Hird: “At this time, James and the Hird family are in need of privacy. “We ask that this privacy be respected."

I guess some people have a different definition of ‘privacy’ to me.

I can’t see how a public slanging match between the Club and that ■■■■■■■■ Smith would do anything other than contribute more to the public discussion of Hird. Now I’m not James Hird’s doctor, but I doubt that would be a good thing.

But I would hope and expect that X ripped Smith a new one. Just not via some media statement. I’m sure the conversation, one on one with Smith, was a lot more direct than some carefully worded statement in the media.

Well to quote Tania Hird - she was the only person to like my Facebook comment that Gil should watch his back because he will probably be Fitzpatricks next fall guy.

The thing is that Smiths comments / articles are two and four days after Tania called for privacy. He rejected her call for privacy.

The EFC should be absolutely calling out Smith for his conduct - what he has done is ten times worse than any scumbag journalist did even at the height of the saga. Efc should be calling for his resignation as his conduct has been appalling and against all moral fibre.

FFS - he is abusing a bloke, a former EFC champion, while he is in rehab days after he tried to commit suicide FFS!!!

People are funny.

Yep