James Hird — January 2017 onwards

If the treatment that James (and his family) have received was inflicted on any other person, there would be outrage. However, because its James, and his family, its been mostly muted.

Smith’s columns are totally disgraceful, and by default, so is he. He is an appalling example of a human being. Lacks decency.

I hope X gave it to him. Big time.

…but I have strong opinion that I need to be heard anyway" Here it is:

I hope Jamesand his family are healing.

#standbyhird

People are funny.
Art Linkletter said that a long time ago.
The parallels between divorce and changing coaches are interesting. First, the divorce "clears the air", then there is "moving on"; a new relationship is formed with a new "significant other". In some cases the clock is reset, and there is virtually a denial that the previous relationship ever existed . In other cases previous partners existence is acknowledged and there is some contact, in other cases there is even a continuing friendship.

There are many out there who would have experienced one or other of these modes of “moving on”. However, it seems that the club would rather adopt the denialist approach, but has been moved by common decency to at least contact the Hird family and at least express some displeasure at the Smith article.

Smith seems to be so bitter and twisted that he wrote an article, parts of which which lacked human decency, compassion and restraint. But Smith will always have the comeback. " I have a right to express my opinion ". OK, so dont we all. But the difference is, that Smith and others like him in the mainstream media enjoy a massive level of asymmetry in terms of reach. That surely carries with it a responsibility to practice restraint when expressing opinions especially in such a callous way.

As it was neatly put in a previous post. The article says more about Smith than it does about Hird.

You make a good point.
If young men flush with riches are expected to be role models to our youth, why is it acceptable for so-called journalists to use a vehicle such as msm to spout rubbish and mislead a nation?

Wait til Wilson gets back from holidays.

The parallels between divorce and changing coaches are interesting. First, the divorce "clears the air", then there is "moving on"; a new relationship is formed with a new "significant other". In some cases the clock is reset, and there is virtually a denial that the previous relationship ever existed . In other cases previous partners existence is acknowledged and there is some contact, in other cases there is even a continuing friendship.

There are many out there who would have experienced one or other of these modes of “moving on”. However, it seems that the club would rather adopt the denialist approach, but has been moved by common decency to at least contact the Hird family and at least express some displeasure at the Smith article.

Smith seems to be so bitter and twisted that he wrote an article, parts of which which lacked human decency, compassion and restraint. But Smith will always have the comeback. " I have a right to express my opinion ". OK, so dont we all. But the difference is, that Smith and others like him in the mainstream media enjoy a massive level of asymmetry in terms of reach. That surely carries with it a responsibility to practice restraint when expressing opinions especially in such a callous way.

As it was neatly put in a previous post. The article says more about Smith than it does about Hird.

You make a good point.
If young men flush with riches are expected to be role models to our youth, why is it acceptable for so-called journalists to use a vehicle such as msm to spout rubbish and mislead a nation?

Smith has such a record of petulance, negativity, rudeness and insensitivity, both verbally and in print it may just be that we need to view him differently.

It is quite common for people with personality disorders to function in their in society. I am referring to those who, if evaluated by a psychologist / psychiatrist who be diagnosed with one of the recognised personality disorders. The thing is most people individually do not have the power to effect large numbers of people.

To quote Psychology Today,

According to DSM-5, a personality disorder can be diagnosed if there are significant impairments in self and interpersonal functioning together with one or more pathological personality traits. In addition, these features must be (1) relatively stable across time and consistent across situations, (2) not better understood as normative for the individual’s developmental stage or socio-cultural environment, and (3) not solely due to the direct effects of a substance or general medical condition.

The problem with some of these personality disorders arises when the person assumes a role of authority. Be it the office bully, who probably has Anti social Personality Disorder or Borderline Personaity disorder. ( sometimes called a Sociopath when in a position of power) or worse, still a person suffering from Narcissistic Personality disorder ( sometimes called a Megalomaniac when in a position of power )

The point is what is to stop a person with one of these personality disorders from becoming a journalist ? Nothing . One would hope the editor would exert some restraint. But the problem is that MSM journalists have a reach which does give them more power to shape opinion, mislead, promulgate lies and normalise what hitherto would have been considered unacceptable.

Should we be looking at Smith differently ?

When a person is a public figure, reporting is inevitable. But as Tracey Holmes put it " Sections of the media have prosecuted this story [Hird’s role in doping] more than reported it. "
She backs up that statement with some facts.

Could all the sooks who for some ■■■■■■■ reason think that Smith writing about what sent James Hird to hospital does not belong in the James Hird is in Hospital thread please go back to making puns in the Joe Daniher thread?

Ta very much.

Yep. Preferably in the crosshairs.

Now Chris, I am somewhat an “expert” on these matters and I am confident that I have a few more divorces in me before I get stabbed to death with a pair of dress-making scissors in my sleep.

There are no parallels between divorce and changing coaches. One, while perhaps emotional, is entirely a business matter; while the other is just is more like changing socks.

Now Chris, I am somewhat an “expert” on these matters and I am confident that I have a few more divorces in me before I get stabbed to death with a pair of dress-making scissors in my sleep.

There are no parallels between divorce and changing coaches. One, while perhaps emotional, is entirely a business matter; while the other is just is more like changing socks.

LOL. Except most of the time socks dont have baggage in them.

complete overreaction, its not defamatory or abusive... it is an opinion held by many and is to some extent correct... timing wise its incredibly insensitive, but Im not sure the club needs to make a statement to let the public know that an insensitive article is insensitive

No, the club needed to rake a stance on behalf of a champion who has stumbled. Saying nothing invites only further attacks.

you assume that people care when they release these statements

No, l don’t assume people care. What l want is for the club to stand up, and not be pushed around by the likes of Fatprick. turn the heat up on them. They have demonstrated amply that they won’t back off if left to their own devices.

Could all the sooks who for some ■■■■■■■ reason think that Smith writing about what sent James Hird to hospital does not belong in the James Hird is in Hospital thread please go back to making puns in the Joe Daniher thread?

Ta very much.

Wimmera ges BANG

Ta very much.

Wimmera ges BANG

We’ve had five days of this bullshit.
Enough is enough.

Ta very much.

Wimmera ges BANG

We’ve had five days of this bullshit chickenshit*.
Enough is enough.

*fixed

Wait til Wilson gets back from holidays.
With a new face and a new set of Choppers.

#Thailandspecial

Just so we’re clear, which one is like changing socks?

You make a good point.

Smith has such a record of petulance, negativity, rudeness and insensitivity, both verbally and in print it may just be that we need to view him differently.

It is quite common for people with personality disorders to function in their in society. I am referring to those who, if evaluated by a psychologist / psychiatrist who be diagnosed with one of the recognised personality disorders. The thing is most people individually do not have the power to effect large numbers of people.

To quote Psychology Today,

According to DSM-5, a personality disorder can be diagnosed if there are significant impairments in self and interpersonal functioning together with one or more pathological personality traits. In addition, these features must be (1) relatively stable across time and consistent across situations, (2) not better understood as normative for the individual’s developmental stage or socio-cultural environment, and (3) not solely due to the direct effects of a substance or general medical condition.

The problem with some of these personality disorders arises when the person assumes a role of authority. Be it the office bully, who probably has Anti social Personality Disorder or Borderline Personaity disorder. ( sometimes called a Sociopath when in a position of power) or worse, still a person suffering from Narcissistic Personality disorder ( sometimes called a Megalomaniac when in a position of power )

The point is what is to stop a person with one of these personality disorders from becoming a journalist ? Nothing . One would hope the editor would exert some restraint. But the problem is that MSM journalists have a reach which does give them more power to shape opinion, mislead, promulgate lies and normalise what hitherto would have been considered unacceptable.

Absolutely. Treat him the new age onion, wrinkly skin on the outside and rotten to the core on the inside.

LOL. Except most of the time socks don’t have baggage in them.

That depends on whose feet is in them.

Just so we’re clear, which one is like changing socks?

I was waiting for some-one to ask.

Changing Coaches.

Someone should go into the Saga thread and start making copious puns until Wim’s head explodes.