See.

You’re a bully, just like Smith

People are funny.

Yeah ■■■■■■■ hilarious

Why has X come out now at all? Isn’t Tania’s call for privacy all mighty

You truely are a lightweight poster fairybread

See.

Yep

I took the call for privacy as stop camping on the lawn and clinic and to stop stalking the family. I imagine the family would have taken comfort from non-judgmental reporting on someone at an all time low and from reporting that revealed some of the facts, as compared to the opiniated fact-free vitriol hurled at him from some quarters.

I took the call for privacy as stop camping on the lawn and clinic and to stop stalking the family. I imagine the family would have taken comfort from non-judgmental reporting on someone at an all time low and from reporting that revealed some of the facts, as compared to the opiniated fact-free vitriol hurled at him from some quarters.

Exactly.Any other application of the request (or term) is completely disingenuous.

Writing articles, opinions etc, has fk all & nothing to do with respecting privacy, unless they are intruding on said privacy to obtain/ write a story.

Let’s not go all “Alt Real” now …

I can’t speak for the Hird family.

I can speak for mine. We lost a lovely but troubled young man to suicide. And really, all we wanted was to be left alone to heal. Even close friends respected and understood this.

I wouldn’t take the chance of interpreting the word privacy. I’d simply respect it.

I can speak for mine. We lost a lovely but troubled young man to suicide. And really, all we wanted was to be left alone to heal. Even close friends respected and understood this.

I wouldn’t take the chance of interpreting the word privacy. I’d simply respect it.

Thats horrible darli. My best wishes to you and your family.

Thats horrible darli. My best wishes to you and your family.

Thanks love. It wasn’t recent but my point was it’s not something you can understand unless you’ve been through it.

X didnt have to drag the Hirds into it, he just needed to say that Fatpricks article was uninformed, incorrect and poorly timed.
Instead he rambled on about the timing of it.
He is a smart enough bloke to manage that IMO.

I note i haven’t listened to his interview, i expect that James wont be listening or reading but i am sure Tania and Allan etc would have appreciated a correction or statement from X to say that Smith was off his face

He could have done that and not created WW 3

I think everyone deals with such tragedy in their own way.

Having lost my older brother to suicide, the most amazing of blokes and my best mate up until the age of 14 when he died (he was 17), I know the impacts of suicide better than most.

He was the most naturally talented person at everything he did - would have played Afl, cricket for Australia or been a lawyer or Dr or anything he wanted, but he couldn’t manage the expectations of the world.

I was only young but I lapped up every bit of support that I could get, my dad and mum were phenomenal despite what had happened to their eldest, his mates were awesome, seriously, just amazing, my mates were there all the way and still are 26 years later. It sounds cliche but out of the biggest tragedy of my life I have gained some of my longest and most amazing relationships that transcend everything else in life after what we have been through together.

I have other attempted suicides in my immediate group of mates and these were quite recent.

The amazing thing is, like Hirdy and my bro, Eddie, everyone I know who has attempted or committed suicide are the most amazing of people and they have sonmuch to give to the world.

There is no real point to the above other than to provide a bit of detail on my perspective to suicide and perhaps it explains some of the anger I have towards smith and the failure of so many so-called leaders in our community to call out his appalling behaviour. It really is an absolute disgrace what has been printed but worse is that we, as a society, are acquiescing to this filth.

Come on EFC, X, as a society we need to be better than the crap that Smith dribbled and you have a great opportunity to provide a narrative that delivers real leadership for the whole community

Sorry to hear that mate.

Also, … ■■■■■■ well said.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Thanks mate, as I said, lots of good came out of our tragedy. I still today, every day, wish that he was here with us.

Sorry to hear that mate.

+1

A really touching story, very well expressed.

:’(

I note i haven't listened to his interview...

“…but I have strong opinion that I need to be heard anyway”

I note i haven't listened to his interview...

“…but I have strong opinion that I need to be heard anyway”

My choice the avoid SEN, also my choice to have an opinion on the discussion
Thanks for your feedback

oops…

Jesus. Look what I started!

All I did was report on the fact that X son gave it to Smith. Surely a good thing and surely something that belongs in this thread.

But instead of seeing it as the clearly good thing that it is, all you angsty teens take the opportunity to go Full Saga.

FFS

The parallels between divorce and changing coaches are interesting. First, the divorce “clears the air”, then there is “moving on”; a new relationship is formed with a new “significant other”. In some cases the clock is reset, and there is virtually a denial that the previous relationship ever existed . In other cases previous partners existence is acknowledged and there is some contact, in other cases there is even a continuing friendship.

There are many out there who would have experienced one or other of these modes of “moving on”. However, it seems that the club would rather adopt the denialist approach, but has been moved by common decency to at least contact the Hird family and at least express some displeasure at the Smith article.

Smith seems to be so bitter and twisted that he wrote an article, parts of which which lacked human decency, compassion and restraint. But Smith will always have the comeback. " I have a right to express my opinion ". OK, so dont we all. But the difference is, that Smith and others like him in the mainstream media enjoy a massive level of asymmetry in terms of reach. That surely carries with it a responsibility to practice restraint when expressing opinions especially in such a callous way.

As it was neatly put in a previous post. The article says more about Smith than it does about Hird.