James Hird — January 2017 onwards

complete overreaction, its not defamatory or abusive... it is an opinion held by many and is to some extent correct... timing wise its incredibly insensitive, but Im not sure the club needs to make a statement to let the public know that an insensitive article is insensitive

No, the club needed to rake a stance on behalf of a champion who has stumbled. Saying nothing invites only further attacks.

you assume that people care when they release these statements

No, l don’t assume people care. What l want is for the club to stand up, and not be pushed around by the likes of Fatprick. turn the heat up on them. They have demonstrated amply that they won’t back off if left to their own devices.

I would also add to this that leaving individuals to come out and defend facts about what happened internally at Essendon rather than the club doing it only helps people like fatprick. Look how he got in a second shot at Essendon supporters days later. The club not acting makes those who still cling to defending Hird the lunatic fringe.

It seems pretty obvious that the club are pretty limited with what they’re allowed to get away with saying before the AFL place them and the current group back under the bus for another season. There’s something reeking to high heaven in the back room of AFL HQ that a few invested peoples very much want the door remained shut on.

X didnt have to drag the Hirds into it, he just needed to say that Fatpricks article was uninformed, incorrect and poorly timed. Instead he rambled on about the timing of it. He is a smart enough bloke to manage that IMO.

I note i haven’t listened to his interview, i expect that James wont be listening or reading but i am sure Tania and Allan etc would have appreciated a correction or statement from X to say that Smith was off his face

He could have done that and not created WW 3

So you never listened to X’s interview but you feel compelled to offer advice - X hardly dragged the Hird’s into it, seeing he was a direct question about Smith’s article.

It seems pretty obvious that the club are pretty limited with what they're allowed to get away with saying before the AFL place them and the current group back under the bus for another season. There's something reeking to high heaven in the back room of AFL HQ that a few invested peoples very much want the door remained shut on.

Lots of skeletons in there!

Wait til Wilson gets back from holidays.
With a new face and a new set of Choppers.

#Thailandspecial

Do they do personality transplants in Thailand?

It seems pretty obvious that the club are pretty limited with what they're allowed to get away with saying before the AFL place them and the current group back under the bus for another season. There's something reeking to high heaven in the back room of AFL HQ that a few invested peoples very much want the door remained shut on.

It’s probably the letter of recommendation they gave us for Robinson before we hired him.

Thank God Patrick Smith decided to become a turn coat.Enjoy following ninthmond you ■■■■■■■ coward.

Anyone notice that Patrick Smith is now “part time” on SEN and no longer running his normal segment Gus and Goose of the week, with KB taking over.

I don’t know if he has been back on at all, given I have only listened to KB for long enough to hear that and switch back to the ABC, but hopefully he has been disowned by SEN, and is nominated for Greatest Goose Of All Time (GGOAT), apologies to gooses and goats, it would be more appropriate for him to be Biggest COAT, but I can’t bring myself to spell that out and it is also an undeserved slight and c’s and coats.

Anyone notice that Patrick Smith is now "part time" on SEN and no longer running his normal segment Gus and Goose of the week, with KB taking over.

I don’t know if he has been back on at all, given I have only listened to KB for long enough to hear that and switch back to the ABC, but hopefully he has been disowned by SEN, and is nominated for Greatest Goose Of All Time (GGOAT), apologies to gooses and goats, it would be more appropriate for him to be Biggest COAT, but I can’t bring myself to spell that out and it is also an undeserved slight and c’s and coats.

After listening to a sustained attack of condescending, rude, boorish dialog by Patrick Smith aimed at KB while I was out in the car, I wrote KB a letter, asking him how he could tolerate a guest on his show behaving in such a manner, and suggesting that if it were me I would have kicked Smith out of the studio immediately. Well here is maybe a delayed reaction ? I hope so.

If Patrick Smith thinks an alternative career in radio might be needed, ( like many print journalists seem to ) the hubris he displays in his articles does not transfer well to footy on the radio.

Why listen to SEN?

Anyone notice that Patrick Smith is now "part time" on SEN and no longer running his normal segment Gus and Goose of the week, with KB taking over.

After listening to a sustained attack of condescending, rude, boorish dialog by Patrick Smith aimed at KB while I was out in the car, I wrote KB a letter, asking him how he could tolerate a guest on his show behaving in such a manner, and suggesting that if it were me I would have kicked Smith out of the studio immediately. Well here is maybe a delayed reaction ? I hope so.

If Patrick Smith thinks an alternative career in radio might be needed, ( like many print journalists seem to ) the hubris he displays in his articles does not transfer well to footy on the radio.

I became incapable to listening to SEN due mainly to KB & PS banging on. Schwarta and Mark Allen a close second. Have not had SEN on the dial for over 3 years now.

She has more rat cunning than Smith. She’ll keep her head down

Why listen to SEN?

Gotta have something to post on blitz.

Why listen to SEN?

SEN do puns?

Why listen to SEN?

SEN do puns?

yep, they’ll SENd you nuts.

“Two years ago I said to James, 'No one in the history of Australian sport has ever suffered as much humiliation or persecution and that is going to take its toll on you,”…
"I said, ‘You need some help and you should get professional advice’.
“But like a lot of men, help was offered and … rejected”
“He is a victim and is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, I’ve got no doubt about it. He endured four years of harassment and eventually he just snapped.”
Corcoran.

No news of Hirdy going home. I fear this is more serious than first thought, if that is the case.
Get well soon Hirdy.

She has more rat cunning than Smith. She’ll keep her head down

Until the AFL need her. They know that right now Hird is invisible & silent but that can change. He could come out of this simply wanting to get as far away from it as possible & that would be perfectly understandable. He may come out with the gloves actually off. The AFL will already have a strategy worked out using their favourite wordwhore to counter any momentum of sympathy Hird generates once better & out of care particularly if its starts to get traction during the actual season. Right now the AFL have waited out the storm & said nothing, they couldn’t do that if events were impacting the season.

Is the media still on his lawn?
Camping day and night.
Even after Tania’s warning,
You’d think they’d just be gone.
Do get well soon Hirdy,
You’ll soon win hooray.
After all Hirdy,
We’ll support you every day!

No news of Hirdy going home. I fear this is more serious than first thought, if that is the case. Get well soon Hirdy.

How serious does it needs to be?