James Hird — January 2017 onwards

He’s alright, relatively speaking. Don’t think he’ll be going home anytime soon but is up and running as much as he’s allowed and being well looked after.

Wait til Wilson gets back from holidays.

She has more rat cunning than Smith. She’ll keep her head down

Until the AFL need her. They know that right now Hird is invisible & silent but that can change. He could come out of this simply wanting to get as far away from it as possible & that would be perfectly understandable. He may come out with the gloves actually off. The AFL will already have a strategy worked out using their favourite wordwhore to counter any momentum of sympathy Hird generates once better & out of care particularly if its starts to get traction during the actual season. Right now the AFL have waited out the storm & said nothing, they couldn’t do that if events were impacting the season.

Wiping my coffee of the screen after reading that.

Wait til Wilson gets back from holidays.

She has more rat cunning than Smith. She’ll keep her head down

Until the AFL need her. They know that right now Hird is invisible & silent but that can change. He could come out of this simply wanting to get as far away from it as possible & that would be perfectly understandable. He may come out with the gloves actually off. The AFL will already have a strategy worked out using their favourite wordwhore to counter any momentum of sympathy Hird generates once better & out of care particularly if its starts to get traction during the actual season. Right now the AFL have waited out the storm & said nothing, they couldn’t do that if events were impacting the season.

Wiping my coffee of the screen after reading that.

Same here… very descriptive.

X didnt have to drag the Hirds into it, he just needed to say that Fatpricks article was uninformed, incorrect and poorly timed. Instead he rambled on about the timing of it. He is a smart enough bloke to manage that IMO.

I note i haven’t listened to his interview, i expect that James wont be listening or reading but i am sure Tania and Allan etc would have appreciated a correction or statement from X to say that Smith was off his face

He could have done that and not created WW 3

So you never listened to X’s interview but you feel compelled to offer advice - X hardly dragged the Hird’s into it, seeing he was a direct question about Smith’s article.

I was responding to people who had concerns that the Hirds could be affected if X went a harder line during the interview.
I was advocating a harder response to Fatprick without dragging up to much and potentially affecting the Hirds.
Dont listen to SEN but picked up the jist of X’s comments and i stated i hadnt listened to qualify my comment, hardly worth getting worked up about.

X didnt have to drag the Hirds into it, he just needed to say that Fatpricks article was uninformed, incorrect and poorly timed. Instead he rambled on about the timing of it. He is a smart enough bloke to manage that IMO.

I note i haven’t listened to his interview, i expect that James wont be listening or reading but i am sure Tania and Allan etc would have appreciated a correction or statement from X to say that Smith was off his face

So you never listened to X’s interview but you feel compelled to offer advice - X hardly dragged the Hird’s into it, seeing he was a direct question about Smith’s article.

I was responding to people who had concerns that the Hirds could be affected if X went a harder line during the interview.
I was advocating a harder response to Fatprick without dragging up to much and potentially affecting the Hirds.
Dont listen to SEN but picked up the jist of X’s comments and i stated i hadnt listened to qualify my comment, hardly worth getting worked up about.

My advice is you to listen/read any transcript of any interview before commenting - Never accept as gospel another person’s interpretation of an interview.

My advice is you to listen/read any transcript of any interview before commenting - Never accept as gospel another person’s interpretation of an interview.

Particularly on this subject.

We’ve seen the reactions to any sort of criticism by some members. They even bridle when you suggest Hird was less than absolute perfection in every aspect of like and football skills.

We’ve seen the reactions to any sort of criticism by some members. They even bridle when you suggest Hird was less than absolute perfection in every aspect of like and football skills.

The beacons of propriety have spoken

why delete my response to number 10s but not his post? Subjective editing n’est pas?

No news of Hirdy going home. I fear this is more serious than first thought, if that is the case. Get well soon Hirdy.

Why would you go home to a bunch of arsewipes standing outside your house and pestering your family.

Patrick smith should come down to training and let AMBROSE hammer him like the hill tackle…

why delete my response to number 10s but not his post? Subjective editing n’est pas?

Because you ranted on about Saga crap despite An10’s context being not Saga related. And its not in any way subjective editing.

Because you ranted on about Saga crap despite An10’s context being not Saga related. And its not in any way subjective editing.

armadillo helmets getting cracked.

Can I suggest that anyone who has inside info about Hird’s current condition etc, please keep it to themselves?

Give the man and his family some damn privacy. Us nobodys on a forum do not need to be kept up to date with the details of his medical state. It’s not our damn business, frankly, and it’s also none if the business of any media snotrags reading this thread in the hope of snagging an EXCLUSIVE SCOOP ■■■

We are better than those dysenteric vulture-turds camped on hirdys lawn. Lets act like it.

Since it is obvious no-one has this info, it is best to close this thread then.

That would avoid abuse being hurled at innocent parties and their posts being deleted.

dysenteric vulture-turds

As a fan & purveyor of inventive invective, … I must tip me hat. Love it.

That would avoid abuse being hurled at innocent parties and their posts being deleted.

I agree. I think the thread should be closed until there is some news.

Or people could exercise restraint and post appropriately.

Can I suggest that anyone who has inside info about Hird's current condition etc, please keep it to themselves?

Give the man and his family some damn privacy. Us nobodys on a forum do not need to be kept up to date with the details of his medical state. It’s not our damn business, frankly, and it’s also none if the business of any media snotrags reading this thread in the hope of snagging an EXCLUSIVE SCOOP ■■■

We are better than those dysenteric vulture-turds camped on hirdys lawn. Lets act like it.

I think that’s fair enough but when one of his closest friends - Corcoran- is talking it gives you second thoughts

Or people could exercise restraint and post appropriately.

So I guess we’re closing the thread then

But of course it was, just that he did it with subtlety when he spoke about Hird's culpability . Any way, I'll it leave for now.