James Hird — January 2017 onwards

I wonder what he is taking to make himself look so good?

Massive amounts of bio-flavinoids.

i would love to see him back at Essendon in some type of role. Still my all time favourite Essendon player, you always had hope when he played. Send Francis to his place over Xmas an train endurance into him the Hirdy way. Guts an determination for the jumper

4 Likes

BETA?

Saw this as well. Reckon Dimma had a word to them about it. Ellis was really excited when Hirdy was called up.

1 Like

Dimma bleeds red n black don’t worry about that

1 Like

Hird wanted to keep Bachar but wanted to leave because Knights wouldn’t play him.
Shame he didn’t win it.

3 Likes

Yeah Hird tried to keep Houli but Houli already made his mind up to go to Richmond.

2 Likes

A few thousand morons started a boo - then after 2 seconds realised “oh, no one is really joining in” - so they stopped. I was at the game in the MCC, and all I saw and heard was a good solid applause. Even the drunk obnoxious loud Tigers fool right behind me said “Welcome back Hirdy”. Almost made my day just hearing that.

Yeah, pity Houli didn’t win it (he was my tip as he actually kept Richmond in it in the first half - without his intercept and rebound they would’ve 4-5 goals down midway through the second). I went to all Richmond finals, and in each of the three games, Martin only rose to prominence once Richmond had the momentum.

Re. Houli I remember he played a blinder vs. North late in 2010, got the 3 Brownlow votes, but then was dropped 2 weeks later. Made up his mind there and then to seek a trade and by season’s end had already a few options arranged. Hird tried to persuade him to stay but to no avail of course.

14 Likes

Good to hear another view

My boss was in the members and he said the boo for James was bigger than when adelaide came out.

He is a Carlton flog though.

1 Like

Sounds like he’s exaggerating what he Hird.

6 Likes

Carlton flog is a tautology its like saying “dumb idiot” or “arrogant hawthorn fan”

6 Likes

… or FCFC.

Was this game when he got a cork,missed the following week and then had to return via the VFL.

I just checked the stats database…turns out I was half wrong. His ‘blinder’ was the week after the North game - vs St.K. 2 goals, 24 disposals. So he only played 5 games that year - R3 (25disp), R4 (19disp) then dropped. Didn’t return until R17 (14disp), R18 (24disp, 2gls and BOG), R19 (18disp), then dropped. Got hammered vs. Carlton that day, so he was probably the whipping boy amongst some other ‘outs’, but 13 players had less of the ball than Houli that day. Knights was blatantly not a fan, and I can’t blame him for walking out on the club!

Totally utterly wrong your Blueflog boss of yours. The only thing I can think of, is that there were three bays on L1 in the city forward pocket of the MCC that had the rabid Tiger fans in it, and maybe he was sitting down there. These were the guys camping out since Thursday. There were about 1,000 of them and they all raced to that part of the MCC reserve at 8am opening. I understand from a mates brother who was sitting down there that it was as feral and rabid as the MCC has ever got (and believe it or not - it’s not golf claps and “well played number 6” - it can get pretty heated these days). I got into an argument with a Geelong fan at the QF who was just plain nasty to my Richmond guest and his two boys, despite them sitting there relatively quietly watching the Tigers rum away with it. Really poor form.

1 Like

So that was their secret eh?

Performance enhancing Bacardi …

:slight_smile:

29 Likes
17 Likes

He’d look a lot better with a sensible haircut and a shave.

1 Like