James Hird — January 2017 onwards

Again, completely irrelevant.

1 Like

I think a lot of you are missing the point.
Well, I say a lot of you…three of you.

bigallan is saying Yazoo offered Hird an opportunity.
She’s not saying it was entirely selfless.
She’s just saying that he did when no-one else would.

Now, whether Yazoo steals from Salvo bins or called your kid a jerk is entirely irrelevant.
Don’t care.

Did Greg Evans or Stuart Little give Hird an opportunity to get back in the public arena?
Anyone at Essendon?
Anyone at the AFL?

Well, if they did, then by all means say so.
But if it was just Yazoo, then whatever you think of of him as a person, then maybe leave bigallan alone and shut. up.

11 Likes

?

2 Likes

Fair point.
Unfair on the man.

2 Likes

Similarly lush hair

I loled

soooooo, that james hird guy, huh?!

1 Like

Interesting and sad that Hird and Xavier don’t see eye to eye. As an average punter I think X seems like a good operator and is in for the long haul, hope it can get sorted.

1 Like

I like the way you have unraveled the mess of this thread

I think another has greatly helped Hird get back in the public AFL arena (yes also with self interest)

incredibly I think that Shane Crawford needs to be acknowledged

Their podcast has helped on many levels

14 Likes

JFC! I see 50+ posts and think something bad happened again. I don’t think I’ll ever learn. Blitz being Blitz, yet again.

2 Likes

Could have been something good had happened!

My fantasy is that Hepp and Woosha stand holding the 2019 Premiership cup aloft in front of 100000+ roaring fans, and then Woosh tears off his mission impossible style mask to reveal that it has been Hirdy coaching us all along.

Now that would get a few posts going in this thread.

10 Likes

Actually now that you mention it, has anyone seen them in the same room together?

1 Like

I think you’re also missing the point. The job opportunity with Yallouz has nothing to do James public profile. Actually, I believe his first ever public appearance was facilitated by Sheedy and Paul Little, I could be wrong but that’s how I remember it.

1 Like

IIRC, Hirdy was doing Store visits/promos in late 2016.

2 Likes

Who ■■■■■■■ cares. Hirdy got a job. Someone facilitated that. For that I’m sure Hird is thankful.

12 Likes

Little organised and flew Sheeds, Fletch and Hird to Hobart in his jet a couple of years ago for a function for the Bomber supporters in that part of the country.

1 Like

I can’t be the only one who has no ■■■■■■■ clue what’s going on this thread.

9 Likes

Maybe bigallan didn’t explain every single point that she was trying to get across with absolute laser precision, acknowledging that every post to blitz needs to be read, proof read, reviewed, edited and then put to a focus group for feedback before a committee decides if it can be posted.

But regardless she was just saying that even though Hird was not welcome in many places and organisations, and his name or endorsement would have been viewed as a liability by many, Sash had a different idea, and Hird clearly welcomed the opportunity.

Similarly the negative reaction to her post was no doubt mostly that people just don’t like sash.

17 Likes

I think we should be focusing on the fact that Crawf has been on I’m a celebrity, get me out of here.

No doubt that will get plenty of air time if the podcast is back again this year

1 Like

People see the words Hird, saga and The Age together and they lose their ■■■■, regardless of the context

1 Like