James Hird — January 2017 onwards

I think, Xavier will end up at the bog (that was a mistake but its true so I’ll leave it unchanged) end of town with the “boys club.”

Eldest son (who has special needs but doing OK in a mainstream high school) has a Primary Industries excursion over last two days & next two to Royal Canberra show where they present the livestock they’ve been looking after at his school for judging
Mrs Harvs came down & stayed last night with him but she’s headed home today for youngest son. I’m here tonight & tomorrow night
He was tired & hungry so we went & had a feed about an hour ago (schnitty night) @ Ainslie Footy Club
There’s a pic of Jimmy Hird in his younger days (with luxurious hair of course) in the lobby on the wall of fame
I joined as a social member and made sure I told them why

35 Likes

:disappointed_relieved::

:+1:

1 Like

Rutten or Ratten :thinking::grinning:…i like both, but Ratten’s got more experience.

I realise some people might find it difficult to understand but; there are some things in life that hold more meaning and are more precious than the AFL and its brand. And maybe coming so close to almost losing it all teaches the most valuable lessons in life. Once a person has been in this place nothing is ever the same again. James Hird is no fool.

2 Likes

No problems for wonderful human beings like Wayne Carey and That Hawthorn /Gold Coast thug Cameron Brown to get gigs in the media…Jimmy is a Saint compared to them.

This is the sort of project that could help those who are stuck in the, “I hate against James Hird" camp to rediscover the good things about the bloke that are worthwhile…

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/shane-crawford-james-hird-looking-at-tv-footy-project/news-story/3762454452ba2c77be111db1131b05f8

Shane Crawford, James Hird looking at TV footy project

I’m A Celebrity star Shane Crawford wants to launch a TV footy show with James Hird.

The pair fronts the hugely enjoyable Crawf & Hirdy podcast and Crawford revealed that they were seriously toying with the idea of creating a late-night “round in review” TV project.

“I’d really love to do a footy show with James Hird,” Crawford said. “Out of everything I would love to be a part of, I would love to do a review-style footy show of some sort on a Sunday night with James.

“It could be a late-night reviewing the weekend’s footy, you would keep things light but it would also be very informative. “We did the podcast last year and I think we have each other’s backs. We both love our footy.

“That is the one thing I would really love to do this year and hopefully we can get this happening.”

There is no doubt the pairing of the two Brownlow Medallists would be a drawcard for TV footy fans and would hold great allure for TV executives.

“We actually were going to film some stuff, but then James unfortunately fell of his bike and injured himself,” Crawford said.

20 Likes

I’m a celebrity star. Lmao.

3 Likes

I love the last sentence of that

2 Likes

A late night, intelligent review of the footy week in a relaxed atmosphere like Talking Footy used to be before a bunch of egos took it behind the sheds?
I’d love that.
I feel like putting some slippers on and making a cup of coffee just thinking about it.

15 Likes

Mate saw him in Tassie on the weekend, bumped into him at Freycinet, He said “yes it is I James Hird” lol :slight_smile:

IF Hirdy and Crawf could kill Footy classified that would be great.

Get rid of SWMNBN and Fat Hutchy.

Could probably save Lordo from the sinking ship.

8 Likes

All it would need would be the addition of Kevin Sheedy and a bottle of the finest red wine and it would be perfect.

4 Likes

Crawf is good when he’s away from The Footy Show boys club and he has to play the idiot. A show with him and Hirdy, and even if they went full Crawf and Hirdy and had Ralph Horowitz there as the compere/intro guy who guides the ship, it could work.

lol.
Run it directly against it.

1 Like

Given Crawford is contracted to 9, it’s highly unlikely he (and any show he’s a part of) will be going to any other network.

1 Like

Didn’t he recently quit?

Wasn’t aware of that. To the best of my knowledge he’s still doing the Kids WB show and Postcards. May not be on the footy show anymore but definitely still doing the others.

I’m a selfish and jealous prick. I don’t want to share the great man with any other club. His rightful place was where he was senior coach of EFC.

Shame on the AFL, their manipulated and biasly controlled media, and ultimately the board of the EFC as well. They all drove a great man and his family to a dark side that none of us hopefully will ever need to endure.

I have and always will have nothing but respect and admiration of JH. I say get rid of every person that keeps him away from the club. He must return as he is a true legend. His name cannot remain tarnished, and I for one would be overjoyed if he took on the senior role at our club again.

I doubt it will ever happen, but I will never forgive and never forget the AFL contrived and manipulated saga that took away 5 years of my football life, 12 months ban on a fine young bunch of men and the great mans family’s happiness and health over the same period.

James come home, where you belong.

18 Likes

I’m not 100% I thought he quit postcards.

fair enough.