James Hird — January 2017 onwards

Not serious but…it’s almost as if we might benefit from a coach with a clearer, more concise game plan, and who can get the group up and playing for him every week…hmmm!

3 Likes

This is very surprising. Hirdy and Darcey???
No love there at all.

Xavier and the board don’t have the balls to bring Hirdy back. Weak!

4 Likes

Nope not at this stage and I don’t blame them, last thing the club needs is the circus returning to town when our on field performances are ■■■■

2 Likes

He has joined MMM and will be doing some football calls with them.

2 Likes

Good to know, in that case I expect them to treat him well, just like one of the boys…

just vomited a little bit

3 Likes

No. He will never coach us again

1 Like

James Hird’s coaching future on the agenda on SuperFooty Podcast

Herald Sun

an hour ago

James Hird may not be finished as an AFL coach.

The Bombers great would be interested in returning to the club if the opportunity arose, Herald Sun chief football writer Mark Robinson revealed on the SuperFooty Podcast.

“James Hird wants to coach,” Robinson said. “If John Worsfold this year completely and utterly stuffs up and the club can’t get going and they need a change, I wonder if there will be a groundswell push to get James Hird back at Essendon.”

WHITE FLAG: WAS THE CAUSE OF BOMBER FAILURE?

‘UNDER-12s’: BENCH SIGNS SAVAGED IN RUNAWAY MESS

SUPERCOACH: ONE TRADE YOU SHOULD MAKE THIS WEEK

But he said there could be one major obstacle to a Hird return.

Robinson joins host Lauren Wood, Jon Anderson and Brian Taylor to dissect Round 1 and tackle the biggest issues in footy, including why Max Gawn needs help and Daniel Harford explains how Carlton will counter Erin Phillips in Sunday’s AFLW grand final.

All that and more in this week’s SuperFooty Podcast.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/james-hirds-coaching-future-on-the-agenda-on-superfooty-podcast/news-story/b166095a5d0c93dd985bcaf0ea2676d4

Wow. This is straight from the Slobbo 101 playbook. How to take a (admittedly bad) Round 1 defeat and milk it for all its worth. I know, how about say that Hird wants to coach Essendon again? As much as I love Hirdy, best player I’ve seen in red and black, there’s absolutely ZERO chance he will ever coach in the AFL again, much less us. If that happens then the club is heading for a Richmond style 30+ year malaise. It’s already been 19. Whether Woosha is the man to get us there is one thing, I definitely hope he is, but if we went back to Hird then it shows the club has no idea whatsoever in how to appoint a coach…

2 Likes

have a another ciggie robbo

Hird isn’t coming back, and nor should he

5 Likes

As much as I love Hirdy and think he is a brilliant coach, there is no way in hell that Hird will be our next coach.

For that to happen Hirdy would need to go do an assistant coaching gig at another club, probably a senior coaching gig after that, and then when he is in his late 50’s come back to Essendon for season 2031 to finally rescue us as we fail to win a final after 27 years.

4 Likes

Must feel they are not getting enough clicks.

Nothing like the Hird name to bring them in.

And what sheet ‘James Hird wants to coach’ Robinson said, well it would be nice if he backed it up with something, to big headed and just expects people will take his word for it.

:smirk:

5 Likes

What kind of work is he doing for triple m?

Be fascinating to hear him do some special comments on gameday, love to hear he’s opinions on set ups, players etc

Oh, they will. And then it will become ‘fact’. Soon, people will forget it didn’t actually happen. Then you build on it and use it as a step to the next twisted fact. That’s the world we now live in.

1 Like

Hird himself has said it won’t happen ever.

1 Like

James about to come on mmm. Never heard so many ads and irrelevant talk on that station.

So he’s doing special comments on MMM on a part time basis, starting with Saturday’s game.

Says Tom is doing soccer and hsc

He almost completely discounted the prospect of returning to coaching. Almost.

1 Like