James Hird - survivor

I hope Tania Hird writes a book.

Jesus christ i hope she doesn’t. Fk that’d be embarrasing

Somehow some people on here only experience catharsis by going on and on and on and on.

Others get it by pretending everything’s just peachy keen.
Either way, what’s that got to do with Tania Hird?

Not peachy, but never likely to reach a conclusion that satisfies all parties.

So, two reasons to be disgusted.

Or just accept that as a club we ****** up, unfortunately in a climate that the fall out was like dropping a mentos into a Coke, so despite the punshiment not fitting the crime in the real world, accept that this is the world that where a bad employment choice has cost the club millions, tainted us for years to come, set our list back 5 years, cost us a premiership window, a favourite son coach, two actually, a CEO, a chairmen, FO manager, assistant coaches, several top 10 players, fitness staff, members, credibility, and passion, and there is still a very real possibility a portion of our list could get banned.

No one thinks things are peachy.

No one thinks the retibution and vitrol that everyone from a 5 year old supporter in school up to James Hird copped was fair.

Some people have the energy to keep fighting that, and feel agreeved by the fact that we have appeared to have given up, and taken our undue lumps

And some accept we had to broom the joint, coach included, and start again.

Some think TIPPA will cleanse our sole.

But no one thinks things are peachy.

I think you’re wrong. But will happily stand corrected if I’m wrong.

But…

Isn’t it diet coke that you need to use?

Ahhhh - smell that clean air moving everything on and its not even 16 November.

Can’t wait to breathe the air in then after everything moves on again…

I agree with Caro Ben, Tania has no right to say anything at all, it’s almost like she thinks she’s an actual real person.

Silence the victims, it’s, like, sooooo embarrassing.

I think ben wants this book really badly, he wants people at essendon fired so he can get an indigenous friendly list manager and scouts.

Somehow some people on here only experience catharsis by going on and on and on and on.

Or just accept that as a club we ■■■■■■ up, unfortunately in a climate that the fall out was like dropping a mentos into a Coke, so despite the punshiment not fitting the crime in the real world, accept that this is the world that where a bad employment choice has cost the club millions, tainted us for years to come, set our list back 5 years, cost us a premiership window, a favourite son coach, two actually, a CEO, a chairmen, FO manager, assistant coaches, several top 10 players, fitness staff, members, credibility, and passion, and there is still a very real possibility a portion of our list could get banned.

No one thinks the retibution and vitrol that everyone from a 5 year old supporter in school up to James Hird copped was fair.

Some people have the energy to keep fighting that, and feel agreeved by the fact that we have appeared to have given up, and taken our undue lumps

1. Again, what’s that got to do with finding the idea of Tania Hird writing a book being embarrassing?
  2. You know, fine. But one party came in here slagging the other. Just. Saying.

Because it would be the wife of the coach just giving relatively the same side of a story most are tired of. If she was writing a book about horse raising, fine, about this, embarrassing. Embarrassing that we are now down to partners of people affected by the saga writing tell all stories. The only book(s) I would want to read are from her husband and Steven dank, everyone else is just more noise.

Wow. Okay.
I’m of the opinion that Mrs Hird has been through as much (ha! as much!) as anyone throughout this bastardry and think any embarrassment from ‘fans’ says a lot more about them than it does her.

I would be interested in her side of the story about what she went through at some stage. But right now I can’t help but think that anyone who is pro that idea would be again hanging onto it as a possible smoking gun rage justifier.

One that would vindicate their conspiricies

But it would just be another voice being miss represented by all who would not give it the real time to digest, just pick it apart to suit more narratives.

That’s what’s embarrassing for me.

I want Essendon to move on after the CAS hearing. Not keep getting dragged back into this ■■■■ again.

It’s embarrassing.

Okay, we can agree that we’re both embarrassed right now.

yep

Or just accept that as a club we ■■■■■■ up, unfortunately in a climate that the fall out was like dropping a mentos into a Coke, so despite the punshiment not fitting the crime in the real world, accept that this is the world that where a bad employment choice has cost the club millions, tainted us for years to come, set our list back 5 years, cost us a premiership window, a favourite son coach, two actually, a CEO, a chairmen, FO manager, assistant coaches, several top 10 players, fitness staff, members, credibility, and passion, and there is still a very real possibility a portion of our list could get banned.

1. Again, what’s that got to do with finding the idea of Tania Hird writing a book being embarrassing?
  2. You know, fine. But one party came in here slagging the other. Just. Saying.

Because it would be the wife of the coach just giving relatively the same side of a story most are tired of. If she was writing a book about horse raising, fine, about this, embarrassing. Embarrassing that we are now down to partners of people affected by the saga writing tell all stories. The only book(s) I would want to read are from her husband and Steven dank, everyone else is just more noise.

Wow. Okay.
I’m of the opinion that Mrs Hird has been through as much (ha! as much!) as anyone throughout this bastardry and think any embarrassment from ‘fans’ says a lot more about them than it does her.

I would be interested in her side of the story about what she went through at some stage. But right now I can’t help but think that anyone who is pro that idea would be again hanging onto it as a possible smoking gun rage justifier.

One that would vindicate their conspiricies

But it would just be another voice being miss represented by all who would not give it the real time to digest, just pick it apart to suit more narratives.

That’s what’s embarrassing for me.

I want Essendon to move on after the CAS hearing. Not keep getting dragged back into this ■■■■ again.

It’s embarrassing.

cowardly post

you yourself are allowed to have an interest in hearing what tania has to say sometime in the future, but others cannot have that interest now, and cannot want a book to be published now, unless they want to be considered mouth breathing conspiracy theorists?

then you say its embarassing for you if the book was published because it could get misrepresented? its sad maybe, but how is it personally embarrassing? it aint your book, how you feel is so irrelevant to whether tania would ever want to publish one…

it feels like you dont want the book to be published because you just want the saga to go away, but really do have an interest in what tania might have to say, and instead of acknowledging the slight (but understandable) hypocrisy in those two competing desires, you try to hide that want for info by belittling those who do want it and arent too proud to admit it

is there even a ■■■■■■■ book?

I’m not personally embarrassed for what its worth I just think it would mean further embarrassment for the club. should have clarified that 4 posts ago.

you realise this thread has digressed into who should or shouldn’t be allowed to write a book.

maybe I should write a book

This sucks and everyone is racist

by Benfti

and

I need to stay the ■■■■ out of this thread.

No please don’t go, i really want to be told how to feel about this saga.

No please don't go, i really want to be told how to feel about this saga.

Enraged.

im embarrassed, personally.

And you know what Ben, if you do write about what’s wrong - and it’s true, it might embarrass the people who’ve ■■■■■■ up and deserve to be embarrassed - and things might change, for the better.

And you know what Ben, if you do write about what's wrong - and it's true, it might embarrass the people who've ■■■■■■ up and deserve to be embarrassed - and things might change, for the better.

Let’s talk about books.

It’s fair to say Chip LeGrandes book at this stage is the best thing pressed so far about the saga.

He calls the afl, ASADA, the bombers and dank all out in it.

He backs up his claims, and it really paints a picture of no real winner just a bundle of ■■■■■■.

Did it change anything?

And he came from an impartial position, in fact he was one of every few in the media that never sailed us up the river.

****, I know people that read his book and still think we did nothing wrong, and I know people that read that book and think there are people at the club that should be in jail and be kicked out of the comp.

Now if Tania wrote a book, it would quickly be dismissed as biased no matter what she said, and cherry picked for everything she said that was negative about anyone at the club. Anything she wrote about the afl would be denied and mostly ignored.

Further media and general public harassment would ensure.

Can’t see how that’s for the better HAP

And you know what Ben, if you do write about what's wrong - and it's true, it might embarrass the people who've ■■■■■■ up and deserve to be embarrassed - and things might change, for the better.

Let’s talk about books.

It’s fair to say Chip LeGrandes book at this stage is the best thing pressed so far about the saga.

He backs up his claims, and it really paints a picture of no real winner just a bundle of ■■■■■■.

Did it change anything?

And he came from an impartial position, in fact he was one of every few in the media that never sailed us up the river.

****, I know people that read his book and still think we did nothing wrong, and I know people that read that book and think there are people at the club that should be in jail and be kicked out of the comp.

Now if Tania wrote a book, it would quickly be dismissed as biased no matter what she said, and cherry picked for everything she said that was negative about anyone at the club. Anything she wrote about the afl would be denied and mostly ignored.

Chip was told things - but he wasn’t there.
Tania was there - so anyone disputing what she said would be calling her a liar.

Let’s talk about books.

Did it change anything?

Tania was there - so anyone disputing what she said would be calling her a liar.

Like what they called her after her ABC interview?

I would love to hear Tanias perspective on the ‘saga’

I would love to hear James’ even more.

Until then, we all have our own opinions and that’s fine. But when it all comes out in the wash, they are merely opinions. Not right, not wrong, and we’re more than entitled to them.

Or just accept that as a club we ****** up, unfortunately in a climate that the fall out was like dropping a mentos into a Coke, so despite the punshiment not fitting the crime in the real world, accept that this is the world that where a bad employment choice has cost the club millions, tainted us for years to come, set our list back 5 years, cost us a premiership window, a favourite son coach, two actually, a CEO, a chairmen, FO manager, assistant coaches, several top 10 players, fitness staff, members, credibility, and passion, and there is still a very real possibility a portion of our list could get banned.

Some think TIPPA will cleanse our sole.

Agree with all except the bolded part. I don’t think there is any chance (let alone a very real chance) our players will be banned on the evidence that’s available. Good post though, agree with much of it.

Let’s talk about books.

Did it change anything?

Like what they called her after her ABC interview?

Yes, like that.
And the media can do that, can’t they? Pretty much covered. Others may not be so lucky though.

I disagree with you ben but I still enjoy reading your posts on this. It’s tough to stay coherent when you’re being whacked from every side. Keep punching son!

It’ll be better than James’ book. That was a bit average.

It'll be better than James' book. That was a bit average.

Deliberately stirring the pot here, but in that book doesn’t he say he’ll never coach?