James Hird - survivor

This won't be popular, but I think Jim had a game plan that we would never have been able to execute sustainably with the cattle we had, much the same as the game plan Knights has could not be sustained physically. Though at least with Jims in theory it could be done without causing significant harm to the players.

Verbatim what was said about Clarkson in his first two seasons.

I know that, and they adjusted their list accordingly, hard to say how we would have gone about that given the restrictions we had at the draft

I honestly think that was the least of the problems with the coach trying to implement the best possible gameplan.
Probably the main one was that they sacked him, but there were others.

Gotta love Blitz.

Has spent the last 2 years complaining about how the Saga has been allowed to drag on by others - AFL, media, ASADA and WADA. In December it will be well and truly over however Blitz will still be arguing pedantic points over who did or new what and when well past then.

Not quite the same thing fairybread. Bit different Bomber fans having a discussion, exchanging opinions vs the AFL, Media, ASADA and WADA ruining a footy club and it’s players. But, as Heff’s girl said a few pages back feel free to move on.

This club is not ruined bomber5au- it got close, but it’s not rooned.

Just semantics really. I say ruined by not dead.

You know those who complain that some of us have not entirely moved on, are not obliged to participate in this thread. If you have moved on, good luck to you. But don't slag off the ones- like myself - that have not.

out of curiosity, what do you expect to gain from not moving on, let alone coming on here and wallowing in mutual pity party for hird ?

I’m not saying don’t do it, as you’ve gotta do what best suits you in any situation, but i am generally interested in what people expect to happen by doing it ?

Hird’s not coming back as coach. Even if it’s proved 100% that he did nothing wrong, it’s not going to change the perception of him in the eyes of people who want to see him as a bad guy in this saga.

Seems like there’s only really 2 options. Either accept and move on whether you agree with it or not, or don’t accept it and stop actively supporting the club cos of this decision.

it seems counterproductive to ones own sanity to stay in a state of limbo persay of not moving on one way or the other.

What a simplistic world you live in.

You have totally misunderstood or perhaps underestimated just how much this saga has affected many supporters. As others have mentioned this is not just about James Hird. Personally Hird’s sacking was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

The list of “individuals” in this saga with the stench of guilt is a very long one. If people are prepared to admit that what the AFL, ASADA, the Labor Govt. the media, did to ruin brand Essendon, and the players, coaches and footy staff, is acceptable then, if you are happy with that, fine.

However, when the CAS result goes our way then maybe someone will ask the question WTF was the last three years all about. How much money was spent all up in the pursuit of the truth that was never the object of the exercise. How could the elected government get it so wrong (they are out of power now so good riddance)? What about the incompetencies and corruption of ASADA, the breaches of confidentiality, the lies and manipulation by the AFL, and the actions of Evans, Little and the Board.

The big question that us, who will never forgive or forget what happened, is who is going to be held accountable for what our club has endured. Those in power who abuse that power must be held to account. I think it is called justice.

because it is a simplistic world.

I haven’t underestimated anything.
I understand pretty much all sides of it.

however the main point still stands. there’s 2 options pretty much one can take.

move on while acknowledging all of what you say
or
do something about it.

So far bar scorpio, all most have done is cry poor me i’ve been wronged and i’m not gonna do anything other than repeat that stance over and over again until someone or somehow the people who wronged me are brought to justice.

If you want justice, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, other than coming on a footy site and saying how wronged you were.

like i said what do you expect to change from doing what you’re doing now ?
are you or hird or the club or anyone going to get justice by doing whatever it is you and others alike are doing right now, which is ? Again scorpio so far is the only one who’s vaguely spoken of knowing behind the scenes plans.

so again what are you and the like doing to get justice ?
other than sitting on here repeating your viewpoint that hird was wronged, the club was wronged people were out to get us.

We can all say it, hell we’ve pretty much all said the same thing for the last 3 years, what exactly has simply pointing it out changed ?

I certainly think you underestimate the power of social media. As long as people who believe what the AFL did was wrong post comments in social media then the skeletons in the AFL cupboard will remain. I’m not a facebook or twitter addict but plenty of people I know are including my kids and there is still angst about the saga online. And do you think for one minute the AFL don’t keep their eyes on these online discussions (including Blitz).

I don’t believe I have ever said I was wronged or did I cry poor as you say. There maybe many things going on behind the scenes you know nothing about but then again you have moved on, haven’t you.

So many devil’s advocates, so few devils.

WorkCover prosecution designed to prevent calls for Hird comeback after CAS clears the club?

James Hird dealing with the ‘Saga’ and moving on…

https://youtu.be/PLOwJnmMAFY

WorkCover prosecution designed to prevent calls for Hird comeback after CAS clears the club?

No. Some muppet demanded WorkCover investigate. They did. They found what they were always going to find. Nothing to do with Hird. No conspiracy. Just boring standard WorkCover rubbish.

No conspiracy.
lel

The consprisory things getting out of hand now

Always love that clip.

Possibly because I put it up.

No conspiracy. lel

You think WorkCover were going to find Chem Trails?

No conspiracy. lel

You think WorkCover were going to find Chem Trails?

I’m not going to argue that, because it’s just that clever/funny.

The consprisory things getting out of hand now

It’s the new agenda

Riddle me this, non-conspirators.
If the AFL are the players employers, and Essendon are cited by Worksafe for not knowing exactly what players were given, how. the. ■■■■. does the AFL know what the players were given?

Riddle me this, non-conspirators. If the AFL are the players employers, and Essendon are cited by Worksafe for not knowing exactly what players were given, how. the. ■■■■. does the AFL know what the players were given?

Best guess is the AFL employ the players and the unsafe workplace was the one which the Essendon football club provided. Much in the same fashion of you being potentially libel if the postman trips on a crack in your driveway.

This wasn’t about what was in the needles, it was about the lack of governence around the method of how the program was carried out, the club have said as much.

Riddle me this, non-conspirators. If the AFL are the players employers, and Essendon are cited by Worksafe for not knowing exactly what players were given, how. the. ■■■■. does the AFL know what the players were given?

Best guess is the AFL employ the players and the unsafe workplace was the one which the Essendon football club provided. Much in the same fashion of you being potentially libel if the postman trips on a crack in your driveway.

This wasn’t about what was in the needles, it was about the lack of governence around the method of how the program was carried out, the club have said as much.

You come up with some weird examples, ben.
It’s not my driveway, it’s my investment properties driveway, in which case…guess what?
Damn tenants never told me.
Mind you, I hadn’t done an inspection on any of my eighteen properties…ever.

Because they target-tested us, sent the samples off for special analysis, and "retired" some of our players based on the results.

Or something “kinda” close to that.

They were good bluffers, and Evans was gullible.

Because they target-tested us, sent the samples off for special analysis, and "retired" some of our players based on the results.

Or something “kinda” close to that.

They were good bluffers, and Evans was gullible.

Pretty sure they weren’t referring to Essendon players.
Hi, Nathan. Hi.

Are we actually back at the point now where the same people who said there was no conspiracy back in 2013 are again thinking their opinions are valid & we should all listen to them in spite of the fact they were completely wrong through the entire saga?

Are we actually back at the point now where the same people who said there was no conspiracy back in 2013 are again thinking their opinions are valid & we should all listen to them in spite of the fact they were completely wrong through the entire saga?

Yes.