James Hird Writes for Herald Sun

Anyone on here, go to the lunch?

https://www.twitter.com/jovigirl9

This Twitter account has some coverage. Apparently media were banned and Jim is doing well. Some interesting things said!

3 Likes

Not that I know of.

LivingTheDream‏ @Jovigirl9 2h2 hours ago

He did not overdose to end life! Life was good but his drinking got bad and he has struggled to sleep since WA and plates in his head!
0 replies 2 retweets 9 likes
Reply Retweet 2
Like 9

If I’m correct, that is the first time anything like this has been said to counter all the conjecture.

I’ve never believed he was the type that would do that, & I’m glad to finally get some confirmation it was not the case.

.#Onward&Upward

5 Likes

Didn’t he kinda confirm it without confirming it? In that article? Not that we should speculate

Well its probably not black and white. If he has been suffering from depression, drinking a lot, taking sleeping pills and generally being careless, he may have had a scare where he couldnt be woken up, or was found in a pile of vomit and hardly any pulse… ambulance called and he had a massive wake up call and went into rehab.

Doesnt mean he tried to kill himself, doesnt meant he didn’t nearly kill himself… Jame’s first article and this girl’s comments don’t necessarily contradict each other at all.

2 Likes
1 Like
24 Likes

I love Hird.

25 Likes

There has been a lot of talk about Hird returning to Essendon. I can’t imagine him returning to the club as an employee ever again. I don’t think he’d want to be controlled by the hierarchy again.

The only way he’d return (other than as a club legend), is as a board member. It’s a perfect position for him as the only people he needs to answer to, is the members. It means he doesn’t need to be concerned by ‘speaking out of line’ and being pulled up by the CEO.

He also wouldn’t be there as just a face, he has valuable experience as a player, as a coach and as a buissness person.

Hopefully Lindsay Tanner and the Coterie groups start encouraging him to make the move when a spot opens up.

2 Likes

I said about ten years ago that James Had would make a great President of Essendon.

He would be even better now.

10 Likes

And imagine how much it would infuriate the foamers. Do it.

5 Likes

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/james-hird-plays-to-kick-goals-in-the-chocolate-arena/news-story/7b505b4b43d5eae76e33f90235ab1cf3

James Hird plans to kick goals in the chocolate arena
FIONA BYRNE, Herald Sun
April 22, 2017 7:39pm

JAMES Hird has spoken about the sweeter things in life, with chocolate being the new arena in which he plans to kick goals.

The former footy great is working to establish a foothold in the Australian market for one of world’s finest dark chocolate brands, Cacao Hunters.

He and his business partners Chris McKiernan and David Yallouz, have acquired the Australian license for the chocolate which is made from Cacao beans grown and harvested in Columbia.

Hird made several trips to South America last year to learn more about the company and the chocolate making process.

“It is a lot more fun than football coaching, I can tell you that,’’ Hird said.

“It is better than talking about footy after the couple of years we have had. I am laughing all the time.’’

Admitting he was a sweet-tooth, Hird said he was delighting in the challenge of launching the chocolate venture and building it from the ground up in Australia.

“It is great fun to get your hands dirty and go to Columbia and talk to the people making the chocolate and go into the jungle and see where they are growing the Cacao beans,’’ he said.

“It is great to go out to markets and festivals — we are at the Wicked Chocolate Festival at the Prahran Market on May 7 — to talk to people about the product.

“I was at the Box Hill market before Christmas which raised a few eyebrows, but it is a lot of fun.’’

He said another attraction was that it was an interest which he could enjoy with his family.

“It is similar to football in that it is family orientated but it is not as high pressure as the cut and thrust of professional football,’’ he said.

“I suppose everyone loves chocolate and no more so than my family. They love eating it and being part of the process. I love chocolate and my kids at Easter have to hide their eggs from their father.’’

Hird has enormous faith in the quality of the Cacao Hunters product which won gold medals at the 2015 and 2016 London International Show for best micro batch dark chocolate.

He also believes Melburnians could be more than just coffee connoisseurs.

“Melbourne is known worldwide for its coffee. I think Melbourne could become equally as well known as a chocolate capital.’’

4 Likes

“Reclusive Hird spruiks chocolate business on gay and lesbian radio”… god I hate The Age

13 Likes

I made the mistake of reading the article too as JOY FM posted it. Just as bad as the headline. Pr***s.

I cannot see that happening and I hope it doesn’t.

The only reason the AFL and EFC would allow it to happen, is to keep him quiet. And; if Hirdy ever wanted to take further legal action against whoever in the future, being on the Board wouldn’t work for him.

So, the G,LTrans, Q, community and so on are not allowed to hear about or buy good chocolate?

Bigots. The media any opportunity just to have a wayward shot!

1 Like

Fairfux are probably really p1ssed that Jimmy won’t talk to them in any way. They know he can sell papers/clicks for them. They are jealous of the HS arrangement so they will continue to belittle him at every avenue.

3 Likes

He should name his chocolate lines BETA, AOD and THE MEXICAN CONNECTION.

12 Likes

Typical rage.

They reach the bottom of the barrel and just start digging.

It’s pathetic.

3 Likes