James Hird Writes for Herald Sun

The story I’ll never see in the MSM, (with apologies to Matt Stewart of the Herald Sun 18th March 2017)

The AFL has been left with a huge legal bill after Essendon coach James Hird was cleared of orchestrating a supplement cheating regime.
It took less than five minutes for VCAT to put an end to four years of heartache and uncertainty for the coach when his appeal against career crippling disqualifications was upheld.
Hird had been suspended by the AFL for managing an illegal supplements program at the Essendon Football Club.
VCAT’s finding that the coach had not knowingly cheated was met with tears and gasps of relief from the coach’s family and anger from Hird.
The AFL Coaches Association has demanded a “full and independent review” of the AFL’s integrity in light of yesterday’s decision.
Hird said he had insisted his innocence from the start of the saga that had crippled the Essendon football club.
Hird said to stand here four years later and have VCAT affirm that I never had any intention of cheating or trying to break the rules of the AFL vindicates me and shows that I‘m completely innocent of all charges.
“And VCAT has thrown a light on the behaviour of the AFL, the breaches of the rules that they have in fact engineered throughout this process. And that’s probably been the most disappointing thing – the bullying and vilification of both myself and my family. Midway through this the AFL brought on charges and modified reports to try and punish and vilify me before any charges had been heard.”

Is a head trainer of horses comparable with the head coach of a football team? If a head trainer can unkowingly have his charges doped and be found to be not responsible can’t the head coach of a football team be given the same regard?

21 Likes

Good point, except EFC players were not doped. So it is even worse.

7 Likes

The Red Sash is a functional human being with a career? He sure as hell fooled me…

2 Likes

I never really liked the guy and thought the article was crap.
(not true, I just want to bring balance to this thread)

That is a great article. There are some people for whom James Hird can never do anything good, and I have not approved of a number of aspects of his behaviour over recent years, but that article has done a great deal to restore my respect for him.

I hope that he recovers permanently from his depression and that his relationship with the club and all its members and supporters is fully restored.

This part is very debatable.

Very good news, that should be on the front page. HIRD INNOCENT, AFL A DISGRACE
Unfortunately I cant see this full and independent review happening.

2 Likes

Michael McGuane has had a lot to do with this. He’s a big supporter of James.

16 Likes

im still not convinced he is.

He won’t get a chance to say too much .
James enters 1 1/2 hours of applause and clapping . says HI
James leaves 1 1/2 hours of even more cheering applause and clapping

8 Likes

Will Keilor now get a visit from ASADA?

5 Likes

Surely that’s not a real article

Suburban footy. Dodgiest ■■■■ going around.

1 Like

If they do they still have to get out alive.

1 Like

It’s a long way to go for a pie night, I just hope he doesn’t ride his damn bike there.

3 Likes

The valley that keilor football club is in, is a pain to get out of on a bike. also especially if they go towards keilor east a pain for the cars trying to get around the fuckwits.

1 Like

Jim has tipped us in the Sun with the message; ‘Cannot wait to see the Bombers scrape over the line against the old enemy.’

Jim.

15 Likes

18 Likes

Just love that he is still red and black.

2 Likes