Jarrad Grant

JARRAD Grant has been delisted by the Western Bulldogs after failing to find a new home in the NAB AFL Trade Period.

Grant, who was an unrestricted free agent, could move to the club of his choice during the exchange period and explored every option after the Bulldogs chose not to approach him about a new deal.

The 26-year-old was unable to find a new home, however, and was delisted by the club on Friday morning.

Grant, who signed a two-year extension at the end of 2013, played 81 games for the Bulldogs after making his debut in round five 2009.

He kicked 11 goals in 19 games for the Bulldogs this season.

Grant can still move to the club of his choice during one of the three delisted free agent windows or nominate for the NAB AFL Draft or pre-season or rookie drafts.

Grant was recruited with pick No.5 in the 2007 Draft and has battled form and endured an injury-interrupted time at Whitten Oval.

He fractured his left foot in last year’s pre-season campaign.

Lot of talk here that we need KPP depth. I have no real knowledge of Grant, the fact the Doggies are giving a bloke his size the ■■■■■■ says a lot really, but might he be worth it for free simply for a tall body floating around the reserves (or, you know, the medical room)? Age where he should be at his peak, 81 games, can play forward … thoughts?

Million Dollar Baby apparently being paid $1.6M in 2016.

All of the LOLz.

What’s the VFL cap? 400k?

I seem to recall he played his best against us.

Million Dollar Baby apparently being paid $1.6M in 2016.

All of the LOLz.

Outside player with zero hurt factor and a defensive liability.

Sounds like exactly the vanilla we need.

It's weird that he got delisted after his best year of footy.
Not really. He played his best football when he was off a wing, he did little (as usual) when up forward, but Hunter's cemented one of the wing spots and a fit Libba probably pushes Macrae back to his natural wing spot, failing that they've got Koby Stevens or Hrovat who both use the ball better and even younger guys like Dale and McLean they've played there this season that they would prefer to give games to.
Reckon he must have requested a trade & still wants out maybe with the promise of a PSD selection.
He was keen to stay - just didn't get offered a contract. They'd signed up all their remaining senior listed guys pre-trade week bar him and Talia so he was always in trouble.

I wouldn’t totally rule them out re-drafting him as a rookie for depth like they did with Brett Goodes.

No.

He’s not a KPP, far from it.

He wouldn’t make any sense for us, we’ve already got Langford, Ambrose & Shredwards as medium sized forwards, and we might well end up adding Curnow who’d start there as well.

If grant had not been a top 5 draft pick he would have been delisted years ago & nobody would have noticed.

What?

No.

Draft him. Ever since the council took the bins back we’ve had nothing to kick at

If grant had not been a top 5 draft pick he would have been delisted years ago & nobody would have noticed.

I don’t know much about him but that’s sort of my opinion. He’s only just a player.

does have some serious pace but i think we are better served pumping games into lav, langford, edwards, mckenna.

we need a KP delisted FA nothing else.

He played a few handy games on the wing this year. I think he will find another home.

HAP is right - he’s not KP material. He is very quick and athletic, but also a bit awkward and poor at disposing the ball. His contested stuff is pretty average too.

I remember he kicked six against us in his second season about five years ago playing as a quick leading forward.

He played a few handy games on the wing this year. I think he will find another home.

HAP is right - he’s not KP material. He is very quick and athletic, but also a bit awkward and poor at disposing the ball. His contested stuff is pretty average too.

I remember he kicked six against us in his second season about five years ago playing as a quick leading forward.

yep, but state league at best.

No to spindleshanks.

JARRAD Grant has been delisted by the Western Bulldogs after failing to find a new home in the NAB AFL Trade Period.

Grant, who was an unrestricted free agent, could move to the club of his choice during the exchange period and explored every option after the Bulldogs chose not to approach him about a new deal.

The 26-year-old was unable to find a new home, however, and was delisted by the club on Friday morning.

Grant, who signed a two-year extension at the end of 2013, played 81 games for the Bulldogs after making his debut in round five 2009.

He kicked 11 goals in 19 games for the Bulldogs this season.

Grant can still move to the club of his choice during one of the three delisted free agent windows or nominate for the NAB AFL Draft or pre-season or rookie drafts.

Grant was recruited with pick No.5 in the 2007 Draft and has battled form and endured an injury-interrupted time at Whitten Oval.

He fractured his left foot in last year’s pre-season campaign.

Lot of talk here that we need KPP depth. I have no real knowledge of Grant, the fact the Doggies are giving a bloke his size the ■■■■■■ says a lot really, but might he be worth it for free simply for a tall body floating around the reserves (or, you know, the medical room)? Age where he should be at his peak, 81 games, can play forward … thoughts?

Surely your taking the ■■■■. If not, possibly the worst call of all time.

I remember he kicked six against us in his second season about five years ago playing as a quick leading forward.on nobody because we had 2 defenders get injured early

Fixed.

Myersy is now one of 4 blokes from the top 10 of his draft still at their original club.

did not read any part of this thread.

NO.

Still looks like a crack addict.