Jarryd Lyons

Anyone know if we’re interested in this guy? Has some impressive stats and kicks goals too!

Perfect pick up in the PSD

Would he be starting best 22 for us?? I've never heard of him..

He’s a midfielder.
He was in Adelaide’s best 22 all year. They finished 5th or 6th for memory.
We haven’t played in week 2 of the finals in a decade.

If he isn’t in our best 22 given our midfield deficiencies, then we must be smoking some wacky tobacco.

It’s impressive that you managed to not rhyme that after using the word wacky.
Would he be starting best 22 for us?? I've never heard of him..

He’s a midfielder.
He was in Adelaide’s best 22 all year. They finished 5th or 6th for memory.
We haven’t played in week 2 of the finals in a decade.

If he isn’t in our best 22 given our midfield deficiencies, then we must be smoking some wacky tobacco.

It’s impressive that you managed to not rhyme that after using the word wacky.

very crisp!

Anyone know if we're interested in this guy? Has some impressive stats and kicks goals too!

Perfect pick up in the PSD

Lucas said they’ve had zero discussions with any other team as Lyons wants to stay at the crows. They’re just very disappointed in the contract that’s been offered.

Thanks Foggy.

Does anyone know if they offered him a poor contract because they don’t rate him or not enough in the cap??

If it’s the latter, who the fark is on big coin? Surely only Sloane, Tex, Betts and now Jenkins are on $500k+?

He would absolutely be in our best 22 but he’s not the sort of player you would pay a big price to get, he’s not really a match winner. He improved a hell of a lot in 2016 but I have no idea if that was fitness, coaching, opportunity or just him maturing. If we could get him cheaply its a no brainer, he’d easily get a game on our half forward line changing through the middle.

Member how Prismall was in the best 22 of a Geelong side that went 21-1?

Member how Dea was delisted by a Rchmond that sucked?

Remember how Prismall suffered a serious knee injury, had a reco but then still went on to play more games for EFC than most of the players we picked up for similar picks like Darcy D, Neagle, Long, Browne & Steinberg. Sure we might have used the Prismal pick to get Motlop but we also might have picked Luke Rounds. Motlop, I think its fair to say, is less likely to have flourished had he come to us.
Lyons, unlike Prismall is not coming off a reco & has just started peaking in a side that lost its best mid. I don’t think you can compare Adelaide’s midfield to the Geelong side with Jnr, Bartel, Selwood, Corey, Kelly, Chappy & Stevie J.

Remember how Prismall suffered a serious knee injury, had a reco but then still went on to play more games for EFC than most of the players we picked up for similar picks like Darcy D, Neagle, Long, Browne & Steinberg. Sure we might have used the Prismal pick to get Motlop but we also might have picked Luke Rounds. Motlop, I think its fair to say, is less likely to have flourished had he come to us.
Lyons, unlike Prismall is not coming off a reco & has just started peaking in a side that lost its best mid. I don’t think you can compare Adelaide’s midfield to the Geelong side with Jnr, Bartel, Selwood, Corey, Kelly, Chappy & Stevie J.

Roundsy.

Lyons won’t be coming to us I’m hearing.
North or Carlton his preferred destination if he leaves Adelaide.

Lyons won't be coming to us I'm hearing. North or Carlton his preferred destination if he leaves Adelaide.

I have no idea what he even looks like.
On that basis seems a perfect fit for North

Lyons won't be coming to us I'm hearing. North or Carlton his preferred destination if he leaves Adelaide.

From what I’ve heard he rates our list far better than the other two and doesn’t believe he would get as much game time with us. At his stage of his career he would rather get game time which is fair enough

From what I’ve heard he rates our list far better than the other two and doesn’t believe he would get as much game time with us. At his stage of his career he would rather get game time which is fair enough

I kind of understand. But would rather us chase someone who is more of the “I want to surround myself with the best and I will work hard and force may way into the team” type attitude.

If you’re better than Kurt Aylett or you’re below the age of 30 you can go and get farked, we don’t want ya!

It’s like we’re Gisele Bundchen but no one will date us because they’re intimidated by our beauty.

That went from a dislike to like him fairly quickly.