Jason Johannason

It hurts when it doesn’t work though…and it’s a hurt that’s remembered.

It does, imo its more useful than kicking into a wall across half back and comes straight back over the defenders heads.
Although maybe we had the luxury of Fletcher for so long, that it’s harder to execute when you don’t have someone that can kick the ball 70 meters and hit a 10 cent coin.

Yep, the goldmine is someone who can take those kicks with high efficiency. BJ and Zerret have been trying, with mixed results. Oirish may be our answer.

JJ is a good player, there is no doubt about that, but he is not worth $800,000 a season.

2 Likes

I agree. Though it’s hard to tell nowadays. Not only are prices up, but rebound defenders are in fashion and some teams see them as the missing link - literally.

Yeah I understand that but to me JJ is the type of player you use when you have a strong midfield already.

We need to focus on our midfield and then we can add the cream on the top later.

For sure - he isn’t worth $800k to us (imo). But he just may be worth that to, say…Collingwood.

They rate Mayne as a 800, 000 a season player lol. So yes they would.

2 Likes

I thought Mayne was $500k

He is.

That’s still funny.

6 Likes

He may not be worth $800k, however, it’s a dire need of our list to find a way to break through HBF effectively and we simply won’t get him offering $600k as that’s what Dogs would be.

To get a player off another club invariably it has to be for more $$ or success (he already has that). He also has multiple clubs chasing him which drives up what needs to be offered.

So kudos to him if he gets 4yrs @ $800k, and then drops back to a something more in line with his worth.

However we didn’t want to pay Hibbo to level Melb offered, so either didn’t rate Hibbo or weren’t prepared to offer such for a HBF’r. Be interesting to see what eventuates on JJ front.

I can’t see us offering that.

So 800k. As much as Hurley. Significantly more than Joe, Zerrett … well actually anybody on our list bar Hurls and Hooksy.

I don’t farking think so.
Certainly wouldn’t impress me as a member.

10 Likes

Agreed. Taylor Adams does it for them now, especially by foot.

Yeah I agree.

HBFs are important, but I’d rather he dropping 800k on a midfielder than a HBF.

Adam Saad is who we should pursue with gusto.

6 Likes

He re-signed last year I think

GC are also after JJ, want them both running off the HBF. If Ablett goes they will have the cash freed up.

Stick with the Irishman thanks.

12 Likes

Sick of people on Blitz whinging about the fact that they don’t want JJ, Martin, etc on more money than JD, Merrett, etc. To lure an opposition star you generally have to pay them overs, it’s the way it is. Otherwise they don’t leave. Bunch of tightasses

2 Likes

BUT I WANT A BARGAIN GODDAMIT!

3 Likes