Jedd Clothier

Why has there not been a mention of this guy at all?

Are people forgetting that we have the rights to him, or is he no good?

Seriously if we keep pick 26 in the draft, get Edwards Aylett and Chapman and maybe even garlett with our 3rd round pick, as well as clothier, then we would have had a better recruiting off season with penalties than we have in a long time.

Not to mention getting last years number 1 pick at 10!

See Jedd Below! ... Gun

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/jedd-clothier

I’ve talked about him a fair bit in the father/son thread.

Why has there not been a mention of this guy at all?

Are people forgetting that we have the rights to him, or is he no good?

Seriously if we keep pick 26 in the draft, get Edwards Aylett and Chapman and maybe even garlett with our 3rd round pick, as well as clothier, then we would have had a better recruiting off season with penalties than we have in a long time.

Not to mention getting last years number 1 pick at 10!

See Jedd Below! ... Gun

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/jedd-clothier

There's been plenty of discussion, mostly in the F/S thread.

http://bomberblitz.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20-father-son-watch/?p=50702

There was also pretty thorough convo on the TAC thread after the prelims. 

I've talked about him a fair bit in the father/son thread.

well clearly there has been talk, but why in the father son tread?

he aint no son of a gun

Can't see a lot of negatives in giving this kid a go (other than a small $$ factor). Inside mid, good size, good endurance, good trainer, etc. May not have elite skills, but could have the makings of a quality tagger. I'd definitely be giving him a shot.

he aint no son of a gun

Is a scholarship kid or something - HM covers those guys in that thread too... basically any one we might have a pre-existing claim to.

he aint no son of a gun

Father-son thread also covered the progress of NSW and international scholarship kids originally. I changed the title since the NSW scholarship program got wound up, but Clothier is still hanging around as the last gasp of the scholarshippers...

Can't see a lot of negatives in giving this kid a go (other than a small $$ factor). Inside mid, good size, good endurance, good trainer, etc. May not have elite skills, but could have the makings of a quality tagger. I'd definitely be giving him a shot.

Agree - might as well take him since he is a 'free' pick.  From reports though, there was a major knock on him in terms of endurance and 'body shape', so I think 'good endurance' might be stretching it a bit.

Agree - might as well take him since he is a 'free' pick.  From reports though, there was a major knock on him in terms of endurance and 'body shape', so I think 'good endurance' might be stretching it a bit.

Beep test results don't lie.
Observation about him maybe lacking endurance was mine, but if he's blowing up early in games despite having a good fitness base then it could be because his running patterns are poor, and he spends too much time wearing himself out running to places he doesn't need to be. Which would fit in with what else I've seen of him, he lacks a bit of knowledge of football drill and tactics, stoppage positioning etc - positioning around the ground and when to shepherd his strength might be another area he needs to work on. I suspect we brought him down from Canberra to play with a superior development team at the Cannons this year to improve him in just this area. And he did make a lotof progress over the course of the season.

Thanks for the clarification HM.  Makes sense... and it also seems logical that we would bring him in with the free pick and give him a year in the VFL to see if he continues to track upwardly.  If we don't get him this year then I think we lose the 'rights' to him, correct?  Is there any reason at all not to take him?  Have the club given any indications about what they are going to do?

Edit: Gee he looked decent in the video clip... that evasive running goal in particular!

he aint no son of a gun

Father-son thread also covered the progress of NSW and international scholarship kids originally. I changed the title since the NSW scholarship program got wound up, but Clothier is still hanging around as the last gasp of the scholarshippers...

cool, thanks for the clarification. do you think we will get him. do you want him?

I don't see how there's a real downside for us in rookie listing him, especially given our penalties this year. He doesn't even take up a rookie spot.

how do the priority listings work for the scholarship kids. do we have to pre nominate them in the national draft and take them at pick whatever, can they be pre-listed as rookies.

i can see an argument for a taking a strong bodied midfielder but i think our priority with 26 should be the best available tall/ruck and that is probably regardless of whether we are thinking or rookie listing a mature age ruck.

*edit: i see my question is answered is the F/S thread.

if the kid will accept the rookie spot rather than go into the ND it makes sense to roll with that.

Does anyone know what the deal is with our sanctions and the rookie draft? Are we pushed to the end of the line or are we 9th?

9th.

BRING HIM IN

He's pretty close with my ex girlfriend nowadays I think.

Definitely not associating himself with the right type. Do not want.